EXCLUSIVE: Daytime icon Susan Lucci is heading to primetime while staying close to her soap roots. The former All My Children star is returning to ABC with a plum co-starring role in the network’s pilot Devious Maids, a primetime soap from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, in a plum co-starring role. Based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Lucci will play one of the employers, Genevieve Delacourt, a beautiful, wealthy woman who is gently crazy. Having spent her adult life attracting one powerful man after another, she’s reduced to seducing the Armenian pool boy, and the vertiginous drop in her sexual status has left her — well, the word is nuts. Unused to having men walk past her as if she were as sexless as a mailbox, Genevieve is feeling suicidal. For the past 41 years, Lucci played her signature role of Erica Kane on ABC’s daytime drama All My Children, the only original cast member to be on the series until its end last fall.
Susan Lucci To Co-Star In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- California Film & TV Incentives Boosted Below-The-Line Wages By $1.4 Billion
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Draws 9.6 Million Viewers In Sunday Premiere
- ‘Knightfall’: Jeremy Renner-Produced History Drama Series Gets Fall Premiere & Trailer
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spinoff ‘The Perfectionists’ Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform…
- ‘Underworld’: Len Wiseman Spearheading TV Series Adaptation Of Movie Franchise
- ‘Veep’ Creator Armando Iannucci Gets HBO Pilot Order For Space Comedy