EXCLUSIVE: Daytime icon Susan Lucci is heading to primetime while staying close to her soap roots. The former All My Children star is returning to ABC with a plum co-starring role in the network’s pilot Devious Maids, a primetime soap from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, in a plum co-starring role. Based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Lucci will play one of the employers, Genevieve Delacourt, a beautiful, wealthy woman who is gently crazy. Having spent her adult life attracting one powerful man after another, she’s reduced to seducing the Armenian pool boy, and the vertiginous drop in her sexual status has left her — well, the word is nuts. Unused to having men walk past her as if she were as sexless as a mailbox, Genevieve is feeling suicidal. For the past 41 years, Lucci played her signature role of Erica Kane on ABC’s daytime drama All My Children, the only original cast member to be on the series until its end last fall.
Susan Lucci To Co-Star In Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres