The logo for Man Of Steel was released this week on the film’s Facebook page, and it confirms that director Zack Snyder and writers Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer are creating a moody, atmospheric and edgy Superman for Warner Bros. From the moment the first stills were released last summer, it was clear this summer 2013 tentpole would be darker than previous versions. The iconic “S” that has been part of the Superman look from the time Joe Shuster designed him in 1932 is still there, but with a more ominous look. Henry Cavill takes over as Clark Kent/Superman, with Amy Adams on board as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent and Michael Shannon as the villain, General Zod. Warner Bros is keeping most plot details under wraps as it builds anticipation for what it hopes will be a blockbuster franchise on the order of its Nolan-helmed Batman movies.
Warner Bros Unveils 'Man Of Steel' Logo
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films