The logo for Man Of Steel was released this week on the film’s Facebook page, and it confirms that director Zack Snyder and writers Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer are creating a moody, atmospheric and edgy Superman for Warner Bros. From the moment the first stills were released last summer, it was clear this summer 2013 tentpole would be darker than previous versions. The iconic “S” that has been part of the Superman look from the time Joe Shuster designed him in 1932 is still there, but with a more ominous look. Henry Cavill takes over as Clark Kent/Superman, with Amy Adams on board as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent and Michael Shannon as the villain, General Zod. Warner Bros is keeping most plot details under wraps as it builds anticipation for what it hopes will be a blockbuster franchise on the order of its Nolan-helmed Batman movies.
Warner Bros Unveils 'Man Of Steel' Logo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride