The logo for Man Of Steel was released this week on the film’s Facebook page, and it confirms that director Zack Snyder and writers Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer are creating a moody, atmospheric and edgy Superman for Warner Bros. From the moment the first stills were released last summer, it was clear this summer 2013 tentpole would be darker than previous versions. The iconic “S” that has been part of the Superman look from the time Joe Shuster designed him in 1932 is still there, but with a more ominous look. Henry Cavill takes over as Clark Kent/Superman, with Amy Adams on board as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent and Michael Shannon as the villain, General Zod. Warner Bros is keeping most plot details under wraps as it builds anticipation for what it hopes will be a blockbuster franchise on the order of its Nolan-helmed Batman movies.
Warner Bros Unveils 'Man Of Steel' Logo
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?