California Solo stars Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting) as a former Britpop rocker-turned-farm worker who is charged with DUI, leading to possible deportation after living in Los Angeles for two decades. Marshall Lewy wrote and directed the film, which played at Sundance this year. Alexia Rasmussen, Kathleen Wilhoite, A Martinez, Michael Des Barres, and Danny Masterson also star. Strand co-president Jon Gerrans negotiated the deal with Ryan Kampe of Visit Films. The Culver City-based distributor plans a fall theatrical release. Strand’s 2012 slate includes Athina Tsangari’s Attenberg, Braden King’s Here, Joachim Trier’s New Directors/New Films feature Oslo August 31st and Andre Techine’s Unforgivable.
Strand Releasing Acquires Sundance's 'California Solo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into The…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red Sea…