Word around town is that Sony Pictures has paid $3 million for White House Down, an action drama spec script by James Vanderbilt, the scribe behind the studio’s summer tentpole The Amazing Spider-Man. Can’t think of a spec that sold for more this year. The film will be produced by Mythology’s Brad Fischer, Vanderbilt and Laeta Kalogridis. WME made the deal. Vanderbilt’s script work includes Zodiac, he’s adapting Red Riding for Steve Zaillian’s Film Rites and Ridley Scott, and is doing a production rewrite on Robocop.
Sony Spec Deal For 'White House Down' Worth $3 Million
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners