Showtime Networks has upped Gary Garfinkel and Kent Sevener to co-head the company’s acquisitions department. The promotion comes on the heels of Showtime announcing on Monday that Showtime veteran Matthew Duda, EVP Program Acquisitions, Planning and Distribution, will be retiring. Replacing Duda, Garfinkel and Sevener will be responsible for the acquisition of feature films, documentaries, stand-up comedy, specials and music programs for all of Showtime Networks’ services. They will also oversee the company’s output deals with studios that include Dreamworks, Summit Entertainment, The Weinstein Co., IFC Films and CBS Films. Garfinkel, SVP, Content Acquisitions, will be based in the network’s Los Angeles office, and will report to Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. Sevener, SVP, Content Acquisitions and Business & Legal Affairs, will remain based in the network’s New York office, and will have a dual report to Nevins, and in connection with his continuing legal functions, Gwen Marcus, Showtime’s EVP and General Counsel. Garfinkel previously served as SVP, Film Acquisitions, Sevener as SVP, Film Acquisitions, East Coast and SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Film Acquisition and Sports Programming.
Showtime Names Co-Heads Of Acqusitions
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?