Showtime Networks has upped Gary Garfinkel and Kent Sevener to co-head the company’s acquisitions department. The promotion comes on the heels of Showtime announcing on Monday that Showtime veteran Matthew Duda, EVP Program Acquisitions, Planning and Distribution, will be retiring. Replacing Duda, Garfinkel and Sevener will be responsible for the acquisition of feature films, documentaries, stand-up comedy, specials and music programs for all of Showtime Networks’ services. They will also oversee the company’s output deals with studios that include Dreamworks, Summit Entertainment, The Weinstein Co., IFC Films and CBS Films. Garfinkel, SVP, Content Acquisitions, will be based in the network’s Los Angeles office, and will report to Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. Sevener, SVP, Content Acquisitions and Business & Legal Affairs, will remain based in the network’s New York office, and will have a dual report to Nevins, and in connection with his continuing legal functions, Gwen Marcus, Showtime’s EVP and General Counsel. Garfinkel previously served as SVP, Film Acquisitions, Sevener as SVP, Film Acquisitions, East Coast and SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Film Acquisition and Sports Programming.
Showtime Names Co-Heads Of Acqusitions
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins