Showtime Networks has upped Gary Garfinkel and Kent Sevener to co-head the company’s acquisitions department. The promotion comes on the heels of Showtime announcing on Monday that Showtime veteran Matthew Duda, EVP Program Acquisitions, Planning and Distribution, will be retiring. Replacing Duda, Garfinkel and Sevener will be responsible for the acquisition of feature films, documentaries, stand-up comedy, specials and music programs for all of Showtime Networks’ services. They will also oversee the company’s output deals with studios that include Dreamworks, Summit Entertainment, The Weinstein Co., IFC Films and CBS Films. Garfinkel, SVP, Content Acquisitions, will be based in the network’s Los Angeles office, and will report to Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. Sevener, SVP, Content Acquisitions and Business & Legal Affairs, will remain based in the network’s New York office, and will have a dual report to Nevins, and in connection with his continuing legal functions, Gwen Marcus, Showtime’s EVP and General Counsel. Garfinkel previously served as SVP, Film Acquisitions, Sevener as SVP, Film Acquisitions, East Coast and SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Film Acquisition and Sports Programming.
Showtime Names Co-Heads Of Acqusitions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
- Major League Baseball Makes Pitch To Speed Up Games
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals