Showtime Networks has upped Gary Garfinkel and Kent Sevener to co-head the company’s acquisitions department. The promotion comes on the heels of Showtime announcing on Monday that Showtime veteran Matthew Duda, EVP Program Acquisitions, Planning and Distribution, will be retiring. Replacing Duda, Garfinkel and Sevener will be responsible for the acquisition of feature films, documentaries, stand-up comedy, specials and music programs for all of Showtime Networks’ services. They will also oversee the company’s output deals with studios that include Dreamworks, Summit Entertainment, The Weinstein Co., IFC Films and CBS Films. Garfinkel, SVP, Content Acquisitions, will be based in the network’s Los Angeles office, and will report to Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. Sevener, SVP, Content Acquisitions and Business & Legal Affairs, will remain based in the network’s New York office, and will have a dual report to Nevins, and in connection with his continuing legal functions, Gwen Marcus, Showtime’s EVP and General Counsel. Garfinkel previously served as SVP, Film Acquisitions, Sevener as SVP, Film Acquisitions, East Coast and SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, Film Acquisition and Sports Programming.
Showtime Names Co-Heads Of Acqusitions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neil Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce