EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula is set as the lead of NBC’ multicamera comedy pilot Table For Three (form. Daddy’s Girls). The project, written by Dana Klein and directed by Pam Fryman, centers on Pen (Christine Woods), a responsible, guarded, brilliant but emotionally challenged Harvard Medical School graduate who just returned from a stint with Doctors Without Borders to discover that her beloved dentist dad, Robert (Bakula), has become engaged to Pen’s high school classmate Holly (Nicky Whelan) – a 29-year-old bubbly blonde who happens to be the “mean girl” in high school. 20th Century Fox TV is producing, with Klein and Aaron Kaplan executive producing. For Bakula, Daddy’s Girls comes on the heels of a two-season run as one of the leads of the acclaimed TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age. He is the second of Men‘s 3 stars to book the lead of a broadcast pilot, along with Andre Braugher, set to star in the ABC drama Last Resort. Table For Three also reunites Bakula with NBC where he starred on Quantum Leap and recurred on Chuck. ICM-repped Bakula is next doing a major arc in the final 5 episodes of ABC’s Desperate Housewives.
Scott Bakula To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Table For Three'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest TV News
- Viceland Goes To Pot; Sets Weed Week With Return Of ‘Weediquette’, ‘Bong Appetit’
- Complex Networks Orders Homeland Security Workplace Comedy For Premiere On Go90
- ‘Bones’ Ratings Rattle Up To High In Series Finale, ‘Flash’ Hits Low, ‘NCIS’ Steady
- ‘The Mindy Project’ To End After Six Seasons
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- Stephen Colbert Figures Out Why Devin Nunes Shared Intel Info With Donald Trump