EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula is set as the lead of NBC’ multicamera comedy pilot Table For Three (form. Daddy’s Girls). The project, written by Dana Klein and directed by Pam Fryman, centers on Pen (Christine Woods), a responsible, guarded, brilliant but emotionally challenged Harvard Medical School graduate who just returned from a stint with Doctors Without Borders to discover that her beloved dentist dad, Robert (Bakula), has become engaged to Pen’s high school classmate Holly (Nicky Whelan) – a 29-year-old bubbly blonde who happens to be the “mean girl” in high school. 20th Century Fox TV is producing, with Klein and Aaron Kaplan executive producing. For Bakula, Daddy’s Girls comes on the heels of a two-season run as one of the leads of the acclaimed TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age. He is the second of Men‘s 3 stars to book the lead of a broadcast pilot, along with Andre Braugher, set to star in the ABC drama Last Resort. Table For Three also reunites Bakula with NBC where he starred on Quantum Leap and recurred on Chuck. ICM-repped Bakula is next doing a major arc in the final 5 episodes of ABC’s Desperate Housewives.
Scott Bakula To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Table For Three'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Renewed For Third Season By Disney Channel