EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula is set as the lead of NBC’ multicamera comedy pilot Table For Three (form. Daddy’s Girls). The project, written by Dana Klein and directed by Pam Fryman, centers on Pen (Christine Woods), a responsible, guarded, brilliant but emotionally challenged Harvard Medical School graduate who just returned from a stint with Doctors Without Borders to discover that her beloved dentist dad, Robert (Bakula), has become engaged to Pen’s high school classmate Holly (Nicky Whelan) – a 29-year-old bubbly blonde who happens to be the “mean girl” in high school. 20th Century Fox TV is producing, with Klein and Aaron Kaplan executive producing. For Bakula, Daddy’s Girls comes on the heels of a two-season run as one of the leads of the acclaimed TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age. He is the second of Men‘s 3 stars to book the lead of a broadcast pilot, along with Andre Braugher, set to star in the ABC drama Last Resort. Table For Three also reunites Bakula with NBC where he starred on Quantum Leap and recurred on Chuck. ICM-repped Bakula is next doing a major arc in the final 5 episodes of ABC’s Desperate Housewives.
Scott Bakula To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Table For Three'
What's Hot on Deadline
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest TV News
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times
- ‘Too Old To Die Young’: Billy Baldwin Cast In Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon Series
- ‘Blue Book’: Michael Harney & Ksenia Solo Join Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Series At History
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger: Telco Shares Dip; Donald Trump Says Deal “Not Good For The Country”
- Donald Trump Tacitly Endorses Roy Moore For Alabama Senate: “We Don’t Need A Liberal Person In There”
- Fred Armisen Spanish-Language Comedy ‘Mexico City: Only Good Things Happen’ Gets Pilot Order At HBO