Creatively, last night’s Lindsay Lohan-hosted Saturday Night Live felt like a letdown after the strong, star-studded previous episode hosted by Maya Rudolph. But in the ratings, it was anything but. SNL, fronted by the tabloid fixture as well as musical guest Jack White, drew a 5.5/14 in metered-market households last night. That was up 12% from the Maya Rudolph edition and the second-highest SNL rating this season, behind only the football-inflated January 7 telecast (8.2/19), which aired on the night of NBC’ coverage of the Lions-Saints NFL Wildcard playoff game. Versus the same night last year, the late-night show was up 2%. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 3.3/15 among adults 18-49, up 14% from the last original and again the second-highest rating this season behind the 4.6/18 of January 7.
'Saturday Night Live' With Lindsay Lohan Delivers Strong Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel