Creatively, last night’s Lindsay Lohan-hosted Saturday Night Live felt like a letdown after the strong, star-studded previous episode hosted by Maya Rudolph. But in the ratings, it was anything but. SNL, fronted by the tabloid fixture as well as musical guest Jack White, drew a 5.5/14 in metered-market households last night. That was up 12% from the Maya Rudolph edition and the second-highest SNL rating this season, behind only the football-inflated January 7 telecast (8.2/19), which aired on the night of NBC’ coverage of the Lions-Saints NFL Wildcard playoff game. Versus the same night last year, the late-night show was up 2%. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 3.3/15 among adults 18-49, up 14% from the last original and again the second-highest rating this season behind the 4.6/18 of January 7.
'Saturday Night Live' With Lindsay Lohan Delivers Strong Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV