Creatively, last night’s Lindsay Lohan-hosted Saturday Night Live felt like a letdown after the strong, star-studded previous episode hosted by Maya Rudolph. But in the ratings, it was anything but. SNL, fronted by the tabloid fixture as well as musical guest Jack White, drew a 5.5/14 in metered-market households last night. That was up 12% from the Maya Rudolph edition and the second-highest SNL rating this season, behind only the football-inflated January 7 telecast (8.2/19), which aired on the night of NBC’ coverage of the Lions-Saints NFL Wildcard playoff game. Versus the same night last year, the late-night show was up 2%. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 3.3/15 among adults 18-49, up 14% from the last original and again the second-highest rating this season behind the 4.6/18 of January 7.
'Saturday Night Live' With Lindsay Lohan Delivers Strong Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015