EXCLUSIVE: With the future of its biggest female star, Kristen Wiig, up in the air, NBC’s Saturday Night Live is moving to add reinforcements. I hear that in the past several weeks, seven comedy performers tested for SNL honcho Lorne Michaels, including the following four ladies: Kate McKinnon (The Big Gay Sketch Show), Jessica Joy (The Playboy Club), Lauren Lapkus (Are You There Chelsea) and Elaine Carroll (Very Mary-Kate). I hear one of them, UCB’s McKinnon, will make her debut on SNL‘s next show next Saturday hosted by Sofia Vergara. It is unclear if Michaels would try out more new performers this season in preparation for locking in the cast of NBC’s late-night sketch comedy series for next season. As for Bridesmaids star Wiig, whose contract is up at the end of the season, a final decision about her future on SNL will likely come in the summer.
'Saturday Night Live' To Add Female Player
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive