EXCLUSIVE: With the future of its biggest female star, Kristen Wiig, up in the air, NBC’s Saturday Night Live is moving to add reinforcements. I hear that in the past several weeks, seven comedy performers tested for SNL honcho Lorne Michaels, including the following four ladies: Kate McKinnon (The Big Gay Sketch Show), Jessica Joy (The Playboy Club), Lauren Lapkus (Are You There Chelsea) and Elaine Carroll (Very Mary-Kate). I hear one of them, UCB’s McKinnon, will make her debut on SNL‘s next show next Saturday hosted by Sofia Vergara. It is unclear if Michaels would try out more new performers this season in preparation for locking in the cast of NBC’s late-night sketch comedy series for next season. As for Bridesmaids star Wiig, whose contract is up at the end of the season, a final decision about her future on SNL will likely come in the summer.
'Saturday Night Live' To Add Female Player
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…