EXCLUSIVE: With the future of its biggest female star, Kristen Wiig, up in the air, NBC’s Saturday Night Live is moving to add reinforcements. I hear that in the past several weeks, seven comedy performers tested for SNL honcho Lorne Michaels, including the following four ladies: Kate McKinnon (The Big Gay Sketch Show), Jessica Joy (The Playboy Club), Lauren Lapkus (Are You There Chelsea) and Elaine Carroll (Very Mary-Kate). I hear one of them, UCB’s McKinnon, will make her debut on SNL‘s next show next Saturday hosted by Sofia Vergara. It is unclear if Michaels would try out more new performers this season in preparation for locking in the cast of NBC’s late-night sketch comedy series for next season. As for Bridesmaids star Wiig, whose contract is up at the end of the season, a final decision about her future on SNL will likely come in the summer.
'Saturday Night Live' To Add Female Player
What's Hot on Deadline
Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin's Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?