EXCLUSIVE: With the future of its biggest female star, Kristen Wiig, up in the air, NBC’s Saturday Night Live is moving to add reinforcements. I hear that in the past several weeks, seven comedy performers tested for SNL honcho Lorne Michaels, including the following four ladies: Kate McKinnon (The Big Gay Sketch Show), Jessica Joy (The Playboy Club), Lauren Lapkus (Are You There Chelsea) and Elaine Carroll (Very Mary-Kate). I hear one of them, UCB’s McKinnon, will make her debut on SNL‘s next show next Saturday hosted by Sofia Vergara. It is unclear if Michaels would try out more new performers this season in preparation for locking in the cast of NBC’s late-night sketch comedy series for next season. As for Bridesmaids star Wiig, whose contract is up at the end of the season, a final decision about her future on SNL will likely come in the summer.
'Saturday Night Live' To Add Female Player
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Netflix
- ‘Get Christie Love’: Julia Kelly Cast In ABC Reboot Pilot
- Fox News To Launch Stand-Alone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- ‘American Idol’ Revival Lands At CTV For Midseason Premiere
- Can UFC Still Land A Knockout TV Deal Despite Ratings Slide And Talent Drain?
- Paul Rudd Game For ‘Tonight Show Fallon 5’ Debut During PyeongChang Olympics