EXCLUSIVE: Eureka star Salli Richardson and Greg Cromer have joined Roseanne Barr’s NBC comedy pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, John Argent and showrunner Eric Gilliland, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as Rose, the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Barr’s Roseanne co-star John Goodman co-stars as Rose’s buddy Buzz. Cromer will play Mr. Denby, a loveable hedge fund guy who recently lost everything in a Ponzi scheme. He’s taken his wife, Mrs. Denby (Richardson), on a “vacation” — to the trailer park — in the attempt to start fresh at the bottom. Miserable in her new surroundings, Mrs. Denby becomes Rose’s foil. This marks the first comedy series project for Richardson, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman. She spent the past five years on the Syfy series Eureka where she played Allison Blake. Her co-star on the show, Colin Ferguson, also booked a pilot, Fox’s comedy Like Father. Cromer, repped by Greene & Associates and manager Tom Harrison, has been recurring on Community and The Middle.
Salli Richardson & Greg Cromer To Co-Star In Roseanne Barr's NBC Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets