EXCLUSIVE: Eureka star Salli Richardson and Greg Cromer have joined Roseanne Barr’s NBC comedy pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, John Argent and showrunner Eric Gilliland, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as Rose, the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Barr’s Roseanne co-star John Goodman co-stars as Rose’s buddy Buzz. Cromer will play Mr. Denby, a loveable hedge fund guy who recently lost everything in a Ponzi scheme. He’s taken his wife, Mrs. Denby (Richardson), on a “vacation” — to the trailer park — in the attempt to start fresh at the bottom. Miserable in her new surroundings, Mrs. Denby becomes Rose’s foil. This marks the first comedy series project for Richardson, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman. She spent the past five years on the Syfy series Eureka where she played Allison Blake. Her co-star on the show, Colin Ferguson, also booked a pilot, Fox’s comedy Like Father. Cromer, repped by Greene & Associates and manager Tom Harrison, has been recurring on Community and The Middle.
Salli Richardson & Greg Cromer To Co-Star In Roseanne Barr's NBC Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To Fair Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox