EXCLUSIVE: Romy Rosemont and Mary Birdsong have been cast in Roseanne Barr’s NBC comedy pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, her boyfriend John Argent and showrunner Eric Gilliland, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as Rose, the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Birdsong, repped by UTA and manager Stacy Abrams, will play Kathie Lee, quintessential “trailer trash” who runs the pizza/beer joint in the park. Rosemont, repped by Domain and Main Title, will play Sheila, a resident of the mobile park who works as a nurse on the “death floor” at a nursing home. The pilot expands Rosemont’s relationship with 20th TV; she also recurs on the studio’s Fox musical dramedy Glee as Finn’s mother.
Roseanne Barr's NBC Pilot Casts Duo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh