EXCLUSIVE: Romy Rosemont and Mary Birdsong have been cast in Roseanne Barr’s NBC comedy pilot Downwardly Mobile. Co-created by Barr, her boyfriend John Argent and showrunner Eric Gilliland, the multicamera Downwardly Mobile stars Barr as Rose, the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to the unique people who live there in a challenging economy. Birdsong, repped by UTA and manager Stacy Abrams, will play Kathie Lee, quintessential “trailer trash” who runs the pizza/beer joint in the park. Rosemont, repped by Domain and Main Title, will play Sheila, a resident of the mobile park who works as a nurse on the “death floor” at a nursing home. The pilot expands Rosemont’s relationship with 20th TV; she also recurs on the studio’s Fox musical dramedy Glee as Finn’s mother.
Roseanne Barr's NBC Pilot Casts Duo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'