EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report