EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Starz Files Petitions With FCC To Get Network Put Back On Altice Cable Systems
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87