EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention