EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Media For Normalizing Nazis With “Alt-Right” Label
- ‘Botched’ Renewed For Fourth Season By E!
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- Amazon’s ‘The Collection’ Scores China Deal; HBO Asia Dives Into First Original Comedy; Endemol Shine Israel CEO Exits…
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Ratings Tumble From ‘The Wiz’ For NBC; Equals 2014’s ‘Peter Pan’
- CBS Announces 2016-17 Directors-Writers Initiative Participants