EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest TV News
- Can Sundance Love Save Sitcom ‘Downward Dog’ From Summer
- ‘Star’: Missy Elliott & Rickey Smiley To Guest Star On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series
- SAG Awards Presenters: Rashida Jones, Steven Yeun, ‘Stranger Things’ Cast & Others Join
- NBC Orders Virtual Reality Thriller Drama Pilot From ‘Extant’ Creator & Amblin TV
- Pilot Season 2017: How Many Pilots Is Each Network Ordering?
- Bill Maher Bags Record ‘Real Time’ Kickoff Numbers On Donald Trump Inauguration Day