EXCLUSIVE: Ron Moore has signed a new two-year overall deal with Sony Pictures TV. Under his current pact with the studio, the Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer sold several projects, one of which, magical cop drama 17th Precinct, went to pilot at NBC last season. Moore will continue to develop series projects through his production company Tall Ship Prods. with producing partner Maril Davis. Before joining Sony TV in 2010, Moore had three consecutive overall deals at NBC Uni’s Universal Media Studios that were tied to Moore’s services on Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek veteran Moore, repped by CAA, started his writing career on Next Generation and also spent five years on Deep Space Nine. He then served as co-executive producer/co-showrunner on the WB’s Roswell and as executive producer/showrunner on HBO’s Carnivale before segueing to Battlestar Galactica.
Ron Moore Reups With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…