The doc will be directed by Brett Morgen and distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment in September as part of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations. The Stones will executive produce the project; Victoria Pearman is producer and it’s co-produced by Morgan Neville. The doc traces traces the evolution of the Rolling Stones from its beginnings in 1963 and has exclusive access to the band on the road, in the studio and behind the scenes. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, who was nominated for an Oscar for the doc On The Ropes and also directed Chicago 10 and The Kid Stays In The Picture. The Stones are no strangers to doc treatments, most recently being featured in Martin Scorsese’s 2008 feature Shine A Light. Morgen is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Rolling Stones Doc Directed By Brett Morgen Eyed For Band's 50th Anniversary
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gkids Reunites With Fathom Events In Five-Film Deal Starting With July 4 ‘Fireworks’ – CinemaCon
- Golden Globes: Limited Series Category, Ensemble Cast Designations Get Rules Tweaks
- Viacom’s Bob Bakish Hails Paramount Revival: “You’re Actually Seeing It Happen”
- Harrison Ford Takes First Animated Role, In Illumination's 'The Secret Life Of Pets 2'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Execs Katie Goodson-Thomas, Taylor Friedman
- Will Forte & Claudia O’Doherty Join Cast Of Irish Comedy ‘Extra Ordinary’