The doc will be directed by Brett Morgen and distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment in September as part of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations. The Stones will executive produce the project; Victoria Pearman is producer and it’s co-produced by Morgan Neville. The doc traces traces the evolution of the Rolling Stones from its beginnings in 1963 and has exclusive access to the band on the road, in the studio and behind the scenes. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, who was nominated for an Oscar for the doc On The Ropes and also directed Chicago 10 and The Kid Stays In The Picture. The Stones are no strangers to doc treatments, most recently being featured in Martin Scorsese’s 2008 feature Shine A Light. Morgen is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Rolling Stones Doc Directed By Brett Morgen Eyed For Band's 50th Anniversary
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work