The doc will be directed by Brett Morgen and distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment in September as part of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations. The Stones will executive produce the project; Victoria Pearman is producer and it’s co-produced by Morgan Neville. The doc traces traces the evolution of the Rolling Stones from its beginnings in 1963 and has exclusive access to the band on the road, in the studio and behind the scenes. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, who was nominated for an Oscar for the doc On The Ropes and also directed Chicago 10 and The Kid Stays In The Picture. The Stones are no strangers to doc treatments, most recently being featured in Martin Scorsese’s 2008 feature Shine A Light. Morgen is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Rolling Stones Doc Directed By Brett Morgen Eyed For Band's 50th Anniversary
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks – Mon…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege Christian…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct