The doc will be directed by Brett Morgen and distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment in September as part of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations. The Stones will executive produce the project; Victoria Pearman is producer and it’s co-produced by Morgan Neville. The doc traces traces the evolution of the Rolling Stones from its beginnings in 1963 and has exclusive access to the band on the road, in the studio and behind the scenes. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, who was nominated for an Oscar for the doc On The Ropes and also directed Chicago 10 and The Kid Stays In The Picture. The Stones are no strangers to doc treatments, most recently being featured in Martin Scorsese’s 2008 feature Shine A Light. Morgen is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Rolling Stones Doc Directed By Brett Morgen Eyed For Band's 50th Anniversary
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′