The doc will be directed by Brett Morgen and distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment in September as part of the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations. The Stones will executive produce the project; Victoria Pearman is producer and it’s co-produced by Morgan Neville. The doc traces traces the evolution of the Rolling Stones from its beginnings in 1963 and has exclusive access to the band on the road, in the studio and behind the scenes. “For anyone who wants to experience the band, this is the film that will defy convention and create a sonic tapestry to transport viewers into the world of the Rolling Stones,” said Morgen, who was nominated for an Oscar for the doc On The Ropes and also directed Chicago 10 and The Kid Stays In The Picture. The Stones are no strangers to doc treatments, most recently being featured in Martin Scorsese’s 2008 feature Shine A Light. Morgen is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Rolling Stones Doc Directed By Brett Morgen Eyed For Band's 50th Anniversary
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…