Robbie Amell (True Jackson, VP) has landed the second lead opposite Colin Ferguson in Bill Lawrence’s Fox pilot Like Father. The project, from Warner Bros. TV, is inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experience and centers on a father-son relationship. It revolves around college student Will Lyons (Amell), who is coping with the recent death of his mother. Concerned over Will’s emotional reticence, Will’s father Van Lyons (Ferguson), nicknamed “The Hurricane” for his bombastic personality, moves into his son’s campus apartment. Amell is with ICM, Coast to Coast and Protégé Entertainment. Amell follows in the footsteps of Zach Braff who also got his first lead role on a Bill Lawrence comedy series, Scrubs.
Robbie Amell To Star In Bill Lawrence's Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91