Robbie Amell (True Jackson, VP) has landed the second lead opposite Colin Ferguson in Bill Lawrence’s Fox pilot Like Father. The project, from Warner Bros. TV, is inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experience and centers on a father-son relationship. It revolves around college student Will Lyons (Amell), who is coping with the recent death of his mother. Concerned over Will’s emotional reticence, Will’s father Van Lyons (Ferguson), nicknamed “The Hurricane” for his bombastic personality, moves into his son’s campus apartment. Amell is with ICM, Coast to Coast and Protégé Entertainment. Amell follows in the footsteps of Zach Braff who also got his first lead role on a Bill Lawrence comedy series, Scrubs.
Robbie Amell To Star In Bill Lawrence's Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase