Prometheus, Ridley Scott’s return to sci-fi terror territory he explored with 1979’s Alien and 1982’s Blade Runner, gets the full IMAX treatment, including 3D and the company’s proprietary IMAX DMR (digital remastering). The 20th Century Fox feature will be released day-and-date with the standard theatrical opening. Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green and Charlize Theron star in the film, about a team of explorers who travel to the darkest corners of the universe in search of a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, only to find themselves in a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. It was written by Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof.
'Prometheus' To Get IMAX 3D Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner