Prometheus, Ridley Scott’s return to sci-fi terror territory he explored with 1979’s Alien and 1982’s Blade Runner, gets the full IMAX treatment, including 3D and the company’s proprietary IMAX DMR (digital remastering). The 20th Century Fox feature will be released day-and-date with the standard theatrical opening. Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green and Charlize Theron star in the film, about a team of explorers who travel to the darkest corners of the universe in search of a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, only to find themselves in a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. It was written by Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof.
'Prometheus' To Get IMAX 3D Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump