EXCLUSIVE: Reno 911 veteran Kerri Kenney is set as one of the leads in ABC/Sony TV’s multi-camera comedy pilot Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Kenney, repped by Gersh and Principato-Young, will play the youngest sister Billie, the baby of the family — an aging party girl who doesn’t realize that her best days are behind her. She is currently sober and attending AA meetings on a regular basis. Kenney, most recently seen in Wanderlust, joins previously cast Margo Martindale, who plays the eldest sister Joyce; and Doris Roberts, who plays the sisters’ aunt.
'Reno 911' Alum Kerri Kenney Lands A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’: Laura Dern Posts First Look At Season 2 Of HBO Drama
- John Oliver’s Mike Pence-Trolling Bunny Book Steals Amazon Top Spot From James Comey
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump For Rookie Mistake In Andrew McCabe Firing
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- Mike O’Gorman Joins Fox’s Erin Foster Comedy Pilot; CW’s ‘Playing Dead’ Casts Curran Walters