EXCLUSIVE: Reno 911 veteran Kerri Kenney is set as one of the leads in ABC/Sony TV’s multi-camera comedy pilot Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Kenney, repped by Gersh and Principato-Young, will play the youngest sister Billie, the baby of the family — an aging party girl who doesn’t realize that her best days are behind her. She is currently sober and attending AA meetings on a regular basis. Kenney, most recently seen in Wanderlust, joins previously cast Margo Martindale, who plays the eldest sister Joyce; and Doris Roberts, who plays the sisters’ aunt.
'Reno 911' Alum Kerri Kenney Lands A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Greg Garcia Producing Schoolteacher & Millennial Comedies For NBC & Fox
- Fox’s ‘Lucifer’ Casts Kevin Rankin
- Brooke Karzen Upped To EVP Alternative Programming & Development At Warner Horizon TV
- ‘Homeland’ & ‘The Affair’ Ratings Solid In Season Starter Stats
- Sonya McNair Leaving CBS News SVP Communications Post At Year’s End
- Callie Hernandez Joins Epix Comedy Series ‘Graves’; Showtime’s Lena Waithe Pilot Casts 2