EXCLUSIVE: Reno 911 veteran Kerri Kenney is set as one of the leads in ABC/Sony TV’s multi-camera comedy pilot Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Kenney, repped by Gersh and Principato-Young, will play the youngest sister Billie, the baby of the family — an aging party girl who doesn’t realize that her best days are behind her. She is currently sober and attending AA meetings on a regular basis. Kenney, most recently seen in Wanderlust, joins previously cast Margo Martindale, who plays the eldest sister Joyce; and Doris Roberts, who plays the sisters’ aunt.
'Reno 911' Alum Kerri Kenney Lands A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest TV News
- ‘LA To Vegas’ & ‘The Resident’ Get Premiere Dates On Fox
- Patrick Melrose: First-Look Image Of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Showtime & Sky Atlantic Drama
- Sky To Spend Over $9BN On Content in ’18; Launches Latest Slate Of Originals
- NBC Developing Space Alien Comedy From ‘Superstore’ Duo
- PBS Cancels ‘Charlie Rose’
- Three Tyler Perry Series Get OWN Premiere Dates, Including Spinoff ‘The Paynes’