Pacific Standard, launched by Reese Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea, will develop the M.A. Larson children’s novel Pennyroyal’s Princess Boot Camp. They will produce and Witherspoon plans to play a supporting role. Book is a modern-day fairy tale about a school that shapes girls into warrior princesses to battle a growing coven of wicked witches. The book, set up to be a series, just sold to Putnam’s Children’s. CAA and Janklow-Nesbit made the deal.
Reese Witherspoon's Pacific Standard Options 'Pennyroyal's Princess Boot Camp'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars