Pacific Standard, launched by Reese Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea, will develop the M.A. Larson children’s novel Pennyroyal’s Princess Boot Camp. They will produce and Witherspoon plans to play a supporting role. Book is a modern-day fairy tale about a school that shapes girls into warrior princesses to battle a growing coven of wicked witches. The book, set up to be a series, just sold to Putnam’s Children’s. CAA and Janklow-Nesbit made the deal.
Reese Witherspoon's Pacific Standard Options 'Pennyroyal's Princess Boot Camp'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest Film News
- ‘Mary And The Witch’s Flower’ Director On Exploring World Of Magic Through The Eyes Of A Young Girl
- Warner Bros Sets Up Sci-Fi Feature ‘Red Star’ With Hot British Writing Duo
- Lizzy Caplan In Talks To Co-Star In Fox’s ‘Gambit’
- TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox’s Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
- Dan Gilroy Encouraged Denzel Washington To Change Lanes For ‘Roman J. Israel Esq.’
- Sci-Fi Thriller Spec ‘Envoy’ Sells To Pascal Pictures