This would make the second time in 8 months the former News Of The World editor has been arrested in connection with the investigation into phone hacking at the newspaper. The UK media is reporting that Brooks, a once close associate of Rupert Murdoch, was taken into custody this morning – along with her horse-trainer husband – on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. Scotland Yard has not confirmed the identities of the total 6 people arrested today, but has detailed the age, sex and location of the suspects. “A 43 year old woman was arrested at her home address in Oxfordshire and is being interviewed at an Oxfordshire police station,” the Metropolitan Police said in a statement on its website. Brooks is 43 and lives in Oxfordshire. It recently emerged that Scotland Yard agreed to lend Brooks a horse for two years, reigniting questions about the relationships between police officers and News Corp’s UK press arm, News International, The Independent notes. Brooks was also arrested last summer after the phone hacking scandal broke open and 2 days after she resigned as chief executive of News International. She was released on bail. All of today’s arrests were made between 5 and 7am by officers from Operation Weeting, the taskforce charged with investigating the illegal interception of phone messages.
Rebekah Brooks, Ex-News International CEO, Said Arrested (Again): Reports
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest International News
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO
- MGM & Annapurna Seal Multi-Year Movie Distribution Deal
- Access Ent Takes Bite Of Bad Wolf; Tom Pullen Joins Dragonfly – Global Briefs
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship