There was a slew of ratings declines on the second night of daylight savings time. The clock change was probably at least partially responsible for The Voice‘s (5.1/14) 18% ratings drop from last week to a season low as in both cases the NBC series faced CBS reruns. But it can’t be blamed for the finale of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/8) falling 36% from last year to its lowest-rated closer ever — the reality series’ finale last year also aired on the second night of daylight savings time. The losses should probably be pinned on The Voice as new competition for The Bachelor from 8-10 PM. At 10 PM, The Bachelor: After The Rose special (3.3/8) also was down sharply from last year, by 30%. It aired against NBC’s Smash (2.4/6), which gave up the ratings gains from last week, down 11% to its ratings levels from two weeks ago. After a House repeat, a new Alcatraz (1.6/4) was down 11% from last week when Fox aired back-to-back originals of the midseason time-travel drama.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'The Bachelor' Hits Finale Low Amidst Declines And Reruns
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…