There was a slew of ratings declines on the second night of daylight savings time. The clock change was probably at least partially responsible for The Voice‘s (5.1/14) 18% ratings drop from last week to a season low as in both cases the NBC series faced CBS reruns. But it can’t be blamed for the finale of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/8) falling 36% from last year to its lowest-rated closer ever — the reality series’ finale last year also aired on the second night of daylight savings time. The losses should probably be pinned on The Voice as new competition for The Bachelor from 8-10 PM. At 10 PM, The Bachelor: After The Rose special (3.3/8) also was down sharply from last year, by 30%. It aired against NBC’s Smash (2.4/6), which gave up the ratings gains from last week, down 11% to its ratings levels from two weeks ago. After a House repeat, a new Alcatraz (1.6/4) was down 11% from last week when Fox aired back-to-back originals of the midseason time-travel drama.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'The Bachelor' Hits Finale Low Amidst Declines And Reruns
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others