There was a slew of ratings declines on the second night of daylight savings time. The clock change was probably at least partially responsible for The Voice‘s (5.1/14) 18% ratings drop from last week to a season low as in both cases the NBC series faced CBS reruns. But it can’t be blamed for the finale of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/8) falling 36% from last year to its lowest-rated closer ever — the reality series’ finale last year also aired on the second night of daylight savings time. The losses should probably be pinned on The Voice as new competition for The Bachelor from 8-10 PM. At 10 PM, The Bachelor: After The Rose special (3.3/8) also was down sharply from last year, by 30%. It aired against NBC’s Smash (2.4/6), which gave up the ratings gains from last week, down 11% to its ratings levels from two weeks ago. After a House repeat, a new Alcatraz (1.6/4) was down 11% from last week when Fox aired back-to-back originals of the midseason time-travel drama.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'The Bachelor' Hits Finale Low Amidst Declines And Reruns
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- PBS CEO Paula Kerger On Presidential Election, ‘Sesame Street’ & More – TCA
- Stephen Colbert Intros Identical Twin Cousin After Legal Objections To Use Of His Comedy Central Persona
- Vin Diesel Crosses 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- ‘Sesame Street’s Number Of The Day: Three 40-Year Cast Members Out
- CNN Wins DNC Ratings Vote As Obama Speech Steady With RNC Day 3 Viewership
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Creator Nahnatchka Khan Inks Pod Deal With 20th TV