EXCLUSIVE: A Gifted Man co-star Rachelle Lefevre is staying at CBS as the lead in another drama series project. The Twilight alumna is set in the title role of CBS’ drama pilot Applebaum, produced by CBS TV Studios, which is also behind A Gifted Man. Based on Ayelet Waldman’s Mommy Track Mysteries series of books, Applebaum centers on Juliet Applebaum (Lefevre), a former public defender who becomes a private investigator to keep from being bored to death as a stay-at-home mom. Chris Columbus is directing the pilot from a script by Ayelet, Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper. The four are executive producing with Michael Barnathan and Jeff Rake who serves as showrunner. For Lefevre, the project is formally in second position to A Gifted Man, which ended its modestly rated freshman season last night. Given that Applebaum is at the same network and studio, this is considered a very safe second position. Still, there is no final decision on the fate of A Gifted Man yet as CBS is waiting to see its drama pilots. Lefevre, who chose Applebaum over a competing pilot offer from ABC, is the second A Gifted Man cast member to book a pilot in second position, along with Margo Martindale. She is with Gersh, Pearl Hanan Management and attorney Neil Meyer.
Rachelle Lefevre To Play The Lead In CBS Drama Pilot 'Applebaum'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring