EXCLUSIVE: A Gifted Man co-star Rachelle Lefevre is staying at CBS as the lead in another drama series project. The Twilight alumna is set in the title role of CBS’ drama pilot Applebaum, produced by CBS TV Studios, which is also behind A Gifted Man. Based on Ayelet Waldman’s Mommy Track Mysteries series of books, Applebaum centers on Juliet Applebaum (Lefevre), a former public defender who becomes a private investigator to keep from being bored to death as a stay-at-home mom. Chris Columbus is directing the pilot from a script by Ayelet, Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper. The four are executive producing with Michael Barnathan and Jeff Rake who serves as showrunner. For Lefevre, the project is formally in second position to A Gifted Man, which ended its modestly rated freshman season last night. Given that Applebaum is at the same network and studio, this is considered a very safe second position. Still, there is no final decision on the fate of A Gifted Man yet as CBS is waiting to see its drama pilots. Lefevre, who chose Applebaum over a competing pilot offer from ABC, is the second A Gifted Man cast member to book a pilot in second position, along with Margo Martindale. She is with Gersh, Pearl Hanan Management and attorney Neil Meyer.
Rachelle Lefevre To Play The Lead In CBS Drama Pilot 'Applebaum'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’s Halloween 2016: One Trick, One Treat
- Leslie Jones Fires Back At Hackers While Tom Hanks Soothes Troubled Nation On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Scores Another Bingo With Trump Versus Clinton
- Celebs & Shows Celebrate As Chicago Cubs Move To World Series
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”