EXCLUSIVE: The Pinewood Studios Group is bulking up its Los Angeles office with the hire of Andy Weltman, who has been named EVP of Pinewood USA. Weltman was EVP of U.S. Production for the British Film Commission in LA and will now manage the UK studio’s U.S. clients as well as coordinate its international sales. His experience includes working with filmmakers such as Peter Weir, Wolfgang Petersen and Steven Spielberg on films ranging from The Witches Of Eastwick and Who Framed Roger Rabbit to Dead Poets Society, Green Card, The Perfect Storm and Master And Commander. Weltman also worked at the UK Film Council. Over the past few years, Pinewood has rolled out its brand in Toronto, Berlin, Malaysia and the Dominican Republic and is continuing to expand. Big-ticket pictures currently shooting at Pinewood’s flagship studio outside London are the 23rd James Bond movie Skyfall and Tom Hooper’s Les Miserables with Hugh Jackman. “We have worked with Andy closely over the last few years and his knowledge of the industry and his relationships with key clients both in the U.S. and UK will serve Pinewood and our customers well,” Pinewood’s commercial director Nick Smith says. “This is an exciting new hire and one we hope will deliver even stronger results.”
Pinewood USA Enlists Andy Weltman To Head Up Los Angeles Office
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…