Bindlestiffs will be the first film released user the company’s “Kevin Smith’s SModcast Pictures Presents” banner. The deal for director Andrew Edison’s high school comedy includes U.S. and Canadian rights. Edison wrote the screenplay with Luke Loftin, and the two also produced and star in the film with Mike Akel and Matt Patterson. It centers on three smart-mouthed high school virgins who are suspended from school for graffiti and flee to the inner city to live out the plot of The Catcher In The Rye. Phase 4 will release the film in June in conjunction with a theatrical tour and Q&As with Smith and the filmmakers. The tour is part of a deal announced at this year’s Sundance Film Festival in which Smith and Phase 4 will exhibit and distribute up to 12 films per year under Smith’s SModcast label. Four titles will open theatrically with Smith doing a live tour in support of the films. Larry Greenberg of Phase 4 negotiated the deal with Katharyn Howe with WME Global and Caliber Media on behalf of the filmmakers. Phase 4 will open the film in June. Smith and Phase 4 will be at SXSW this weekend hunting for films for the label.
Phase 4 And Kevin Smith's SModcast Banner Take Rights To 'Bindlestiffs'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Charlize Theron Champions Female Directors & More Pics Like ‘Wonder Woman’ – Comic-Con
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Universe Pic Titles: ‘Wonder Woman II’, ‘Flashpoint’ & More…
- Sony Options Female-Empowerment Comic ‘Princeless’ For Movie – Comic-Con
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con