Bindlestiffs will be the first film released user the company’s “Kevin Smith’s SModcast Pictures Presents” banner. The deal for director Andrew Edison’s high school comedy includes U.S. and Canadian rights. Edison wrote the screenplay with Luke Loftin, and the two also produced and star in the film with Mike Akel and Matt Patterson. It centers on three smart-mouthed high school virgins who are suspended from school for graffiti and flee to the inner city to live out the plot of The Catcher In The Rye. Phase 4 will release the film in June in conjunction with a theatrical tour and Q&As with Smith and the filmmakers. The tour is part of a deal announced at this year’s Sundance Film Festival in which Smith and Phase 4 will exhibit and distribute up to 12 films per year under Smith’s SModcast label. Four titles will open theatrically with Smith doing a live tour in support of the films. Larry Greenberg of Phase 4 negotiated the deal with Katharyn Howe with WME Global and Caliber Media on behalf of the filmmakers. Phase 4 will open the film in June. Smith and Phase 4 will be at SXSW this weekend hunting for films for the label.
Phase 4 And Kevin Smith's SModcast Banner Take Rights To 'Bindlestiffs'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Vanessa Hudgens Added To Cast Of Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’
- Chevy Chase, Andie MacDowell, Richard Dreyfuss & More Topline Netflix Comedy Film ‘The Last Laugh’
- Elizabeth Banks Joins Anthony Mackie In Taylor Hackford-Helmed Signal Hill Scandal Pic
- Ruben Fleischer To Helm Buddy Cop Comedy With John Cena and Kumail Nanjiani
- Kyle MacLachlan Joins Amblin’s ‘The House With A Clock In Its Walls’
- ‘Mamma Mia!’: Andy Garcia Joins Cast Of Universal Sequel