Andy Burg has imagined Huck as a period action drama about the continuing adventures of Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher. In this latest version of Mark Twain’s legendary characters, however, the trio are now hot and in their late 20s. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing, with Matt Lopez and Liz Raposo is the executive in charge at Paramount. The studio bought Burg’s supernatural action script Hellified a few years back. Recently Paramount purchased Enzo Mileti and Scott Wilson spec, Swindle, starring Megan Fox and Zoe Saldana. The actresses will also produce that project with Moneyball producer Michael De Luca. Andy Burg is managed by Brucks Entertainment. Burg and Lopez are represented by ICM.
Paramount Nabs Andy Burg's Spec 'Huck'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…