Noah Emmerich has closed a deal to co-star opposite Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in FX‘s 1980s drama pilot The Americans. Additionally, he is in negotiations to join the cast of another period project, the Guillaume Canet-directed 1970s thriller Blood Ties starring Clive Owen and Billy Crudup. The Americans, from creator Joe Weisberg, producer Graham Yost, director Gavin O’Connor, Fox TV Studios and DreamWorks TV, centers on two KGB spies (Russell, Rhys) posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC in the early 1980s. Emmerich will play their new neighbor, an FBI counter-intelligence agent who grows suspicious of the couple next door. Blood Ties follows a guy (Crudup) who asks his convict older brother (Owen) to return to the underworld in order to help their family. Emmerich, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play a man who straddles the good and the dark side. He joins previously cast Marion Cotillard, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis, and James Caan.
Noah Emmerich Set For 'The Americans' Pilot, In Negotiations For 'Blood Ties' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work