Noah Emmerich has closed a deal to co-star opposite Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in FX‘s 1980s drama pilot The Americans. Additionally, he is in negotiations to join the cast of another period project, the Guillaume Canet-directed 1970s thriller Blood Ties starring Clive Owen and Billy Crudup. The Americans, from creator Joe Weisberg, producer Graham Yost, director Gavin O’Connor, Fox TV Studios and DreamWorks TV, centers on two KGB spies (Russell, Rhys) posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC in the early 1980s. Emmerich will play their new neighbor, an FBI counter-intelligence agent who grows suspicious of the couple next door. Blood Ties follows a guy (Crudup) who asks his convict older brother (Owen) to return to the underworld in order to help their family. Emmerich, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play a man who straddles the good and the dark side. He joins previously cast Marion Cotillard, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis, and James Caan.
Noah Emmerich Set For 'The Americans' Pilot, In Negotiations For 'Blood Ties' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic