Noah Emmerich has closed a deal to co-star opposite Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in FX‘s 1980s drama pilot The Americans. Additionally, he is in negotiations to join the cast of another period project, the Guillaume Canet-directed 1970s thriller Blood Ties starring Clive Owen and Billy Crudup. The Americans, from creator Joe Weisberg, producer Graham Yost, director Gavin O’Connor, Fox TV Studios and DreamWorks TV, centers on two KGB spies (Russell, Rhys) posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC in the early 1980s. Emmerich will play their new neighbor, an FBI counter-intelligence agent who grows suspicious of the couple next door. Blood Ties follows a guy (Crudup) who asks his convict older brother (Owen) to return to the underworld in order to help their family. Emmerich, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play a man who straddles the good and the dark side. He joins previously cast Marion Cotillard, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis, and James Caan.
Noah Emmerich Set For 'The Americans' Pilot, In Negotiations For 'Blood Ties' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts