Noah Emmerich has closed a deal to co-star opposite Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys in FX‘s 1980s drama pilot The Americans. Additionally, he is in negotiations to join the cast of another period project, the Guillaume Canet-directed 1970s thriller Blood Ties starring Clive Owen and Billy Crudup. The Americans, from creator Joe Weisberg, producer Graham Yost, director Gavin O’Connor, Fox TV Studios and DreamWorks TV, centers on two KGB spies (Russell, Rhys) posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC in the early 1980s. Emmerich will play their new neighbor, an FBI counter-intelligence agent who grows suspicious of the couple next door. Blood Ties follows a guy (Crudup) who asks his convict older brother (Owen) to return to the underworld in order to help their family. Emmerich, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play a man who straddles the good and the dark side. He joins previously cast Marion Cotillard, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis, and James Caan.
Noah Emmerich Set For 'The Americans' Pilot, In Negotiations For 'Blood Ties' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…