This is sure to be generating some high-fives over at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. In a nice marketing touch, the DVD for Columbia Pictures’ David Fincher-directed The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo that hit the street this week has been packaged to look like a burned (re: pirated) disc, complete with the felt-tip-pen scribbling of the title on what looks to be a label-less face. It’s a nod to Tattoo‘s computer-hacker lead character Lisbeth Salander, who is just the sort that would illegally download a copy of a Hollywood studio tentpole from BitTorrent (don’t try that at home, kids). The look is so effective it forced Redbox to put a disclaimer in its description of the movie on the film’s webpage: “NOTE TO RENTERS: The handwritten look on the disc of this movie is legitimate and is intended to look like a burned DVD.” The film, which garnered star Rooney Mara a Best Actress Oscar nomination and won the Oscar for Film Editing, has grossed $231.3 million worldwide since its December 21 release.
New 'Dragon Tattoo' DVD Is Real, Really
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…