EXCLUSIVE: Michel Gill and Sandrine Holt (Underworld: Awakening) have been added to the cast of David Fincher’s Netflix drama series House Of Cards. The political thriller, based on Michael Dobbs’ novel and the 1990 British series, stars Kevin Spacey as Rep. Frank Underwood, the Majority Whip of the U.S. House of Representatives who after being passed over for Secretary of State hatches a plot to bring down the new president, Garrett Walker (Gill). Walker is described as the apotheosis of leadership, charisma and dignity, a master politician who is not above making ruthless choices. But when he reneges on a pre-election promise to Underwood, he may have created a powerful enemy. On the series, Gill, repped by Harden-Curtis Associates and David Williams Management, joins his wife, actress Jayne Atkinson, who recurs as Sen. Catherine Durant, a conservative Democratic representative from the South. Holt, repped by D2 Management and Innovative, will play Gillian, the leader of a grass-roots organization that provides clean water to third-world countries.
Netflix Series 'House Of Cards' Adds Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Tavis Smiley Vows To “Fight” PBS’s “Sloppy Investigation” And Press Report Plant
- Sandy Hook Five Years Later: Celebrities, Pundits & Politicians Remember
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted Disney Would Buy Fox 19 Years Ago
- People’s Choice Awards Sets Premiere Date For Inaugural Telecast On E!
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal