NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless