NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup