NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'