NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'