NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series