John Schoenfelder is leaving Mulholland Books to be SVP for producer Scott Rudin. Schoenfelder spent 2 1/2 years at Mulholland, and the same amount of time at the St. Martin’s Press imprint Thomas Dunne. His choices as an editor have a certain cinematic bent to them, including a top-secret novel being written by Doug Dorst from a concept hatched by JJ Abrams; the Warren Ellis novel Gun Machine; and Exile, the novel that’s being written by Safe House scribe David Guggenheim and Nick Mennuti. Schoenfelder will report to Rudin and his top exec and producing partner Eli Bush. Schoenfelder said he always hoped to enter the film business, and was a film major at the University of Wisconsin and a rabid film follower. “I’ve always been inspired by Scott and his ability to turn literature into compelling films,” said Schoenfelder, who starts the new job May 1.
Mulholland Books Editor John Schoenfelder Takes Senior Veep Post For Scott Rudin
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films