John Schoenfelder is leaving Mulholland Books to be SVP for producer Scott Rudin. Schoenfelder spent 2 1/2 years at Mulholland, and the same amount of time at the St. Martin’s Press imprint Thomas Dunne. His choices as an editor have a certain cinematic bent to them, including a top-secret novel being written by Doug Dorst from a concept hatched by JJ Abrams; the Warren Ellis novel Gun Machine; and Exile, the novel that’s being written by Safe House scribe David Guggenheim and Nick Mennuti. Schoenfelder will report to Rudin and his top exec and producing partner Eli Bush. Schoenfelder said he always hoped to enter the film business, and was a film major at the University of Wisconsin and a rabid film follower. “I’ve always been inspired by Scott and his ability to turn literature into compelling films,” said Schoenfelder, who starts the new job May 1.
Mulholland Books Editor John Schoenfelder Takes Senior Veep Post For Scott Rudin
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?