John Schoenfelder is leaving Mulholland Books to be SVP for producer Scott Rudin. Schoenfelder spent 2 1/2 years at Mulholland, and the same amount of time at the St. Martin’s Press imprint Thomas Dunne. His choices as an editor have a certain cinematic bent to them, including a top-secret novel being written by Doug Dorst from a concept hatched by JJ Abrams; the Warren Ellis novel Gun Machine; and Exile, the novel that’s being written by Safe House scribe David Guggenheim and Nick Mennuti. Schoenfelder will report to Rudin and his top exec and producing partner Eli Bush. Schoenfelder said he always hoped to enter the film business, and was a film major at the University of Wisconsin and a rabid film follower. “I’ve always been inspired by Scott and his ability to turn literature into compelling films,” said Schoenfelder, who starts the new job May 1.
Mulholland Books Editor John Schoenfelder Takes Senior Veep Post For Scott Rudin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′