MTV’s sibling MTV2 network has greenlighted a reboot of veteran game show Hollywood Squares. Titled Hip Hop Squares, the new show will premiere May 22 and star Nick Cannon; Jackass‘ Bam Margera; Kat Graham; DJ Khaled; rappers Fat Joe, Biz Markie, Ghostface Killah, Mac Miller and MGK; and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ LaMarr Woodley, among others. Radio DJ Peter Rosenberg will host, Nicole Lyn as DJ. “The show will refresh an iconic format and create a fun, dynamic series that’s unpredictable, heavy on personality and much more ‘party’ than ‘game show’,” said Paul Ricci, Head of Programming for MTV2. Hip Hop Squares is under license from CBS Television Distribution, which owns rights to the original.
MTV2 Launches 'Hollywood Squares' Offshoot 'Hip Hop Squares'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ABC Head of PR Hope Hartman Departs To Do Docus, Starting with ‘The Judy Effect’
- NBC Buys ‘A Year To Remember’ Drama From Telefe USA & Kapital Entertainment
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Gloria Reuben To Adapt Dean Koontz Novel ‘Dark Rivers Of The Heart’ For TV
- ‘Notorious’ & ‘Pitch’ Hold Steady In Week 2 With No ‘TNF’ On CBS, ‘Grey’s’ Stays…
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’