MTV’s sibling MTV2 network has greenlighted a reboot of veteran game show Hollywood Squares. Titled Hip Hop Squares, the new show will premiere May 22 and star Nick Cannon; Jackass‘ Bam Margera; Kat Graham; DJ Khaled; rappers Fat Joe, Biz Markie, Ghostface Killah, Mac Miller and MGK; and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ LaMarr Woodley, among others. Radio DJ Peter Rosenberg will host, Nicole Lyn as DJ. “The show will refresh an iconic format and create a fun, dynamic series that’s unpredictable, heavy on personality and much more ‘party’ than ‘game show’,” said Paul Ricci, Head of Programming for MTV2. Hip Hop Squares is under license from CBS Television Distribution, which owns rights to the original.
MTV2 Launches 'Hollywood Squares' Offshoot 'Hip Hop Squares'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Andreeva
- Noah Galvin Joins ABC’s Dan Savage Comedy Pilot, Annie Funke In CBS’ ‘LFE’
- ‘Murder’ Steady In Finale, ‘Mom’ Ratings On Par In New Slot, Swimsuit Special Soft
- Darlene Hunt Teams With Jodie Foster For Cable Comedy Project at Sony TV
- Tom Ellis To Play Lucifer In Fox Pilot
- Disney Channel Orders ‘Stuck In The Middle’ Family Pilot Starring Jenna Ortega
- Michael Cassidy To Star In Aseem Batra Pilot, Sam Huntington In ‘How We Live’