MTV’s sibling MTV2 network has greenlighted a reboot of veteran game show Hollywood Squares. Titled Hip Hop Squares, the new show will premiere May 22 and star Nick Cannon; Jackass‘ Bam Margera; Kat Graham; DJ Khaled; rappers Fat Joe, Biz Markie, Ghostface Killah, Mac Miller and MGK; and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ LaMarr Woodley, among others. Radio DJ Peter Rosenberg will host, Nicole Lyn as DJ. “The show will refresh an iconic format and create a fun, dynamic series that’s unpredictable, heavy on personality and much more ‘party’ than ‘game show’,” said Paul Ricci, Head of Programming for MTV2. Hip Hop Squares is under license from CBS Television Distribution, which owns rights to the original.
MTV2 Launches 'Hollywood Squares' Offshoot 'Hip Hop Squares'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
ABC Nabs 'Doomsday' Drama From Carol Mendelsohn, VJ Boyd & Mark Bianculli With Big Pilot Production Commitment
Latest TV News
- Showtime Seizes On Huma Abedin Separation Announcement To Promote ‘Weiner’ Premiere
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7
- Emmy Ballots Due Today: Watch Gold Derby Vs Deadline Prediction Smackdown On Drama Series Actor Race
- ‘Polly And The ZhuZhu Pets’ Acquired By Disney Channels Worldwide
- Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash: ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver Was 52
- ‘The Mist’: ‘The Walking Dead’ Helmer David Boyd Boards Spike’s Steven King Adaptation