MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18