MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest TV News
- 'The Split': Creator Abi Morgan Files Papers On Female-Led Divorce Drama For BBC One & SundanceTV
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network