MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition