MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot