MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date