MTV has greenlighted a sixth season of reality juggernaut Jersey Shore, which appears to be scaling back to one edition a year. Production on Season 6 is slated to begin in the summer in Seaside Heights, NJ. In the last two years, MTV filmed one cycle of the show a year with the cast in their natural environment on the Jersey Shore during summer/fall and one in a warmer locale during winter/spring, including Miami and Italy. Now Season 5 and Season 6 are both set in NJ, with the upcoming sixth cycle focusing on the pregnancy and engagement of star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who also has a spinoff MTV series, as does Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio (His premieres March 29, following the premiere of the Punk’d reboot). While beginning to show ratings declines, Jersey Shore continues to be a young-demo blockbuster, ranking as the No. 1 cable series in 2012 among persons 12-34. Season 5 is averaging a 7.4 persons 12-34 rating and 7.9 million total viewers in Live+7 ratings. Jersey Shore is executive produced by SallyAnn Salsano from 495 Prods.
MTV Renews 'Jersey Shore' For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic