EXCLUSIVE: Mike Jones will write Second Act based on a story by Teddy Grennan. Alexander Payne, Jim Burke and Jim Taylor’s Ad Hominem will produce the project, which is being kept under wraps. David Greenbaum will oversee Second Act for Fox Searchlight. Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash recently received an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Descendants. Jones is currently writing Marco Polo at Warners for Erwin Stoff. His spec In The Event Of A Moon Disaster was picked up by FilmNation and made the 2011 Black List. FilmNation is currently out to directors for the project. Moon Disaster re-imagines the first moon mission, in which disaster strikes and the astronauts find themselves up against insurmountable odds. Jones, Payne and Burke are represented by CAA. Jones is also represented by Gotham Group and attorney Darren Trattner at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Mike Jones To Write 'Second Act' For Fox Searchlight
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…