EXCLUSIVE: Mike Jones will write Second Act based on a story by Teddy Grennan. Alexander Payne, Jim Burke and Jim Taylor’s Ad Hominem will produce the project, which is being kept under wraps. David Greenbaum will oversee Second Act for Fox Searchlight. Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash recently received an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Descendants. Jones is currently writing Marco Polo at Warners for Erwin Stoff. His spec In The Event Of A Moon Disaster was picked up by FilmNation and made the 2011 Black List. FilmNation is currently out to directors for the project. Moon Disaster re-imagines the first moon mission, in which disaster strikes and the astronauts find themselves up against insurmountable odds. Jones, Payne and Burke are represented by CAA. Jones is also represented by Gotham Group and attorney Darren Trattner at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Mike Jones To Write 'Second Act' For Fox Searchlight
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role