Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for director-writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama The Challenger. The film centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his mother are evicted from their home and is helped by a legendary trainer (Duncan). Justin Hartley (Smallville), Ernie Sabella (The Lion King) and Lindsay Hartley (All My Children) will round out the cast. Moran’s production company, Wishing Well Pictures, will wholly produce Challenger, which began filming this month in New York City. Duncan, an Oscar nommed for his role in The Green Mile opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama The Finder. Merkerson received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries Lackawanna Blues. APA reps Duncan.
Michael Clarke Duncan, S. Epatha Merkerson & Justin Hartley Take On 'The Challenger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’