Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for director-writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama The Challenger. The film centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his mother are evicted from their home and is helped by a legendary trainer (Duncan). Justin Hartley (Smallville), Ernie Sabella (The Lion King) and Lindsay Hartley (All My Children) will round out the cast. Moran’s production company, Wishing Well Pictures, will wholly produce Challenger, which began filming this month in New York City. Duncan, an Oscar nommed for his role in The Green Mile opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama The Finder. Merkerson received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries Lackawanna Blues. APA reps Duncan.
Michael Clarke Duncan, S. Epatha Merkerson & Justin Hartley Take On 'The Challenger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UTA Rally Speakers: Gavin Newsom, Jodie Foster, Keegan-Michael Key & More
- SAG-AFTRA “Disappointed” In Court Pausing IMDb Age Law
- Trevor Habberstad Dies: ‘X-Men’ & ‘Doctor Strange’ Stuntman Was 27
- Mark Gordon, ‘Narcos’ Helmer José Padilha Unite For Landmark Race Case Pic ‘Arc Of Justice’
- Martin Wallström Cast In ‘Militia’; Robert Aramayo Lands In ‘Galveston’
- ‘Hidden Figures’, ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ & ’13th’ Among Humanitas Prize Winners