Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for director-writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama The Challenger. The film centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his mother are evicted from their home and is helped by a legendary trainer (Duncan). Justin Hartley (Smallville), Ernie Sabella (The Lion King) and Lindsay Hartley (All My Children) will round out the cast. Moran’s production company, Wishing Well Pictures, will wholly produce Challenger, which began filming this month in New York City. Duncan, an Oscar nommed for his role in The Green Mile opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama The Finder. Merkerson received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries Lackawanna Blues. APA reps Duncan.
Michael Clarke Duncan, S. Epatha Merkerson & Justin Hartley Take On 'The Challenger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Issa Rae Joins Bill Hader In ‘Empress Of Serenity’
- Joe & Anthony Russo Set Next Pic By ‘Swiss Army Man’ Daniels Duo
- No. 16 ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Room’s Lenny Abrahamson Lights Up FBI Siege Tale ‘Burning Rainbow Farm’
- Megan Mullally & Nick Offerman Snag Movie Rights To Bestseller ‘Lincoln In The Bardo’
- Denise Richards, Mischa Barton Star In ‘The Toybox’; Katrina Bowden & Kate Flannery Join ‘Fishbowl California…