EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest Film News
- Studio71 Aboard ‘Saving Zoë’ Film With Laura & Vanessa Marano; Urbanworld Film Festival Unveils Lineup…
- Cannes Winner ‘The Square’ Is Sweden’s Foreign Language Oscar Pick
- Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Develops Graphic Novel IP ‘Guntown’ That Looks At Both Sides Of Gun Debate
- Christopher MacBride Set To Adapt Graphic Novel ‘A.D. After Death’ For Immersive Pics, Sony
- Robert Downey Jr. Warns Fans To Avoid Online Impersonators Looking For Cash
- Sony Snags Horror Thriller Spec ‘Nightlight’ From ‘Tragedy Girls’ Duo