EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Roman Polanski Pulls Out Of César Awards After Outcry From French Women’s Groups
- How Jack Black Transformed Into ‘The Polka King’ – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Acquires Sundance Closer ‘The Incredible Jessica James’
- Civil Rights Leader Dolores Huerta On New Doc ‘Dolores’: “It's Really The Story Of A Movement”…
- Universal/Blumhouse’s Jordan Peele Horror Film ‘Get Out’ Is Sundance’s Secret Screening