EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest Film News
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne & Chris O’Dowd In Talks For Nick Hornby Adaptation ‘Juliet, Naked’
- Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin’ Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Trailer Shows The High Stakes Of Love