A big break for young actress Megan Ketch. Ketch, who graduated from New York University’s graduate acting program last year, has landed the female lead in the ABC drama pilot Gotham. The 20th TV-produced project centers on Detective Annie Travers (Ketch), a born-and-bred New Yorker investigating the “impossible murder” of a nightclub owner who is stunned to learn that New York has a whole secret magical history of which she (and everyone else) was hitherto unaware. The pilot was written by Michael Green, with Francis Lawrence directing. In her first pilot season, Ketch received three test offers, one of which resulted in a pilot lead. Not too bad for an actress with only two guest spots under her belt. Ketch, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will make her feature debut in the upcoming comedy The Wedding.
Newcomer Megan Ketch Gets Female Lead In ABC Drama Pilot 'Gotham'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore Defends Use Of “Colloquialism” At Correspondents’ Dinner
- British Columbia Lowers Film & TV Tax Credit
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Syfy SVPs Paul Shapiro & Erik Storey Exit Amid Restructuring
- Ashley Sawyer Dies: MTV ‘Catfish’ Subject Was 23
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Video: Viewers Can Take The Lead In Virtual Reality