EXCLUSIVE: In her first series regular gig, Meagan Good has been tapped as the lead of NBC’s drama pilot Notorious, from Universal TV and BermanBraun. Written by Liz Heldens, Notorious is described as an opulent soap in which detective Joanna Locasto (Good) returns undercover to the wealthy and troubled Lawson family she grew up in — as the housekeeper’s daughter — to solve the murder of celebutante Vivian Lawson, who was once her closest friend. Good, reppped by Gersh and Untitled, is doing a season-long arc on Showtime’s Californication and has movie Think Like A Man coming out April 20. It has been a strong season for diversity in casting the leads of drama pilots. In addition to Notorious, two other hourlong pilots, Fox’s Guilty and ABC’s Last Resort, are toplined by Black actors, Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Andre Braugher, respectively. Additionally, Amber Stevens plays the lead in the CW’s Joey Dakota, Jessica Lucas is the star of the CW’s Cult, and ABC’s Devious Maids has four Latina actresses as its leads. Meanwhile, Kerry Washington is the star of ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series Scandal.
Meagan Good Lands The Lead In NBC Drama Pilot 'Notorious'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country…
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT
- Trond Fausa & Dan Gill Join Fox’s ‘Thin Ice’ Comedy Pilot
- Erinn Westbrook & Michael Provost Join ‘Insatiable’; Brooke Lyons In ‘Life Sentence’
- ‘Doubt’ Pulled By CBS After 2 Airings, ‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders’ To Replace It