EXCLUSIVE: Max Landis wrote Chronicle, the first installment of the sci-fi feature that has grossed more than $105 million at the box office worldwide since the Fox release opened in early February. Starring Dane DeHaan, Alex Russell and Michael B. Jordan, the first Chronicle centers on three high school friends who gain superpowers but find their lives going out of control and friendships tested as they explore the dark side. In April Deadline reported Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment acquired Amnesty, a pitch from Landis that Ron Howard is attached to direct and in January, Disney also nabbed an untitled adventure pic from the young writer. Landis wrote and directed the short The Death And Return Of Superman last year. He is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
Max Landis Set To Write 'Chronicle 2' For Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster