EXCLUSIVE: Max Landis wrote Chronicle, the first installment of the sci-fi feature that has grossed more than $105 million at the box office worldwide since the Fox release opened in early February. Starring Dane DeHaan, Alex Russell and Michael B. Jordan, the first Chronicle centers on three high school friends who gain superpowers but find their lives going out of control and friendships tested as they explore the dark side. In April Deadline reported Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment acquired Amnesty, a pitch from Landis that Ron Howard is attached to direct and in January, Disney also nabbed an untitled adventure pic from the young writer. Landis wrote and directed the short The Death And Return Of Superman last year. He is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
Max Landis Set To Write 'Chronicle 2' For Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Brooks
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid