I’ve learned that Brothers & Sisters alum Matthew Rhys has landed the male lead opposite Keri Russell in FX‘s period drama pilot The Americans. Created/executive by Joe Weisberg, executive produced by Graham Yost and directed by Gavin O’Connor, the project centers on two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington, DC in the early 1980s. The arranged marriage of Phillip Jennings (Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Russell) grows more passionate and genuine by the day but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. The Americans is produced by Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. DreamWorks TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey are also executive producing. Reps for FX could not be reached for comment Friday night. Brit Rhys is with WME, Management 360 and UK’s United Agents.
Matthew Rhys To Star Opposite Keri Russell In FX Pilot 'The Americans'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Harry Hamlin Set To Recur In NBC Series
- EuropaCorp Acquires ‘American Flagg! Comic Book Series For Television
- ‘Das Boot’: Tom Wlaschiha, Vincent Kartheiser, James D’Arcy & Thierry Frémont Round Out Cast
- ‘The Sinner’ Closes Run With Ratings Highs For Finale As USA Mulls Season 2
- SAG-AFTRA Reaches Deal To End Video Game Strike, Longest In Union’s History
- ‘Supergirl’: Bollywood Actress Amy Jackson To Recur As Saturn Girl