I’ve learned that Brothers & Sisters alum Matthew Rhys has landed the male lead opposite Keri Russell in FX‘s period drama pilot The Americans. Created/executive by Joe Weisberg, executive produced by Graham Yost and directed by Gavin O’Connor, the project centers on two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington, DC in the early 1980s. The arranged marriage of Phillip Jennings (Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Russell) grows more passionate and genuine by the day but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. The Americans is produced by Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. DreamWorks TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey are also executive producing. Reps for FX could not be reached for comment Friday night. Brit Rhys is with WME, Management 360 and UK’s United Agents.
Matthew Rhys To Star Opposite Keri Russell In FX Pilot 'The Americans'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Dylan Farrow Calls Actors In Woody Allen Movies “Complicit” In “Culture Of Silence”
- Andie MacDowell Joins BBC Three Comedy ‘Cuckoo’
- Hulu’s ‘The Looming Tower’ & AMC’s ‘The Terror’ Lead Berlin TV Lineup
- Carey Mulligan Hits Out At Lack Of “Fully Rounded” Film Roles For Women
- ‘Drug Lords’ Producer Informs On Netflix Doc Series Including Cartel Squabbles
- Peter Wyngarde Dies; Canal+ Boards ‘My Brilliant Friend’; BBC Backs ‘Romper Stomper’ Remake – Global…