EXCLUSIVE: The CW and Warner Bros TV kept the search for the male lead in their buzzed-about new pilot Cult in-house. Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. In addition to starring in Cult, Davis will be available to make guest appearances in future seasons of Vampire Diaries, where he plays high school history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman, though he will no longer be a regular. He is with Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'Cult'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Still Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend B.O.; 'Steve Jobs' Posting Best Theater Average This Year - Late Night Update
Latest TV News
- Tegna Blacks Out Dish Network Customers In 38 Markets
- ‘Minority Report’ Order Cut By 3 Episodes
- Bill Cosby Legal Cases Move Forward Ahead Of ‘Dateline’ Special
- ‘Key & Peele’ Showrunners Developing ‘The Romeos’ Buddy Comedy At ABC
- Greg Berlanti Dramas From Chris Fedak & Jennifer Johnson Set At CBS As Put Pilots
- ‘Blindspot’ Gets Full-Season Order By NBC