EXCLUSIVE: The CW and Warner Bros TV kept the search for the male lead in their buzzed-about new pilot Cult in-house. Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. In addition to starring in Cult, Davis will be available to make guest appearances in future seasons of Vampire Diaries, where he plays high school history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman, though he will no longer be a regular. He is with Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'Cult'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Titans’: Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service
- CBS TV Studios Sets ‘Your Honor’ Drama From Peter Moffat And Robert & Michelle King Based On Israeli Series
- Robert Rodriguez & go90 Ink Programming Deal; Unveil New Series With Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, More
- Mark Gordon Bullish On Shonda Rhimes’ Netflix Move, Talks Network TV’s Rut – Edinburgh
- ‘Get Shorty’ Renewed For Season 2 By Epix
- CBS Nabs Legal Family Drama From Martin Gero & Berlanti Prods. As Put Pilot