EXCLUSIVE: The CW and Warner Bros TV kept the search for the male lead in their buzzed-about new pilot Cult in-house. Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. In addition to starring in Cult, Davis will be available to make guest appearances in future seasons of Vampire Diaries, where he plays high school history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman, though he will no longer be a regular. He is with Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'Cult'
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- 'Family Guy' Takes On Harvey Weinstein & Kevin Spacey Scandals In Emmy Mailer
- ‘Lethal Weapon’: More On The Incidents & On-Set Environment That Led To Fox Series’ Limbo
- ‘Schoolhouse Rock’ Creator-Songwriter Bob Dorough Dies At 94
- Latest Bankruptcy Filings Reveal Extent Of Weinstein Co. Woes
- Prosecution Attacks Bill Cosby & His Lawyers In Closing Argument – Update
- ‘The Path’: Star Aaron Paul Reacts To Cancellation Of Hulu Series