EXCLUSIVE: The CW and Warner Bros TV kept the search for the male lead in their buzzed-about new pilot Cult in-house. Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. In addition to starring in Cult, Davis will be available to make guest appearances in future seasons of Vampire Diaries, where he plays high school history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman, though he will no longer be a regular. He is with Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'Cult'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump’s Reddit AMA Sees “Lock Her Up” Chant Online Amidst Internet Issues & Praise Of New Media
- ‘Empire’s Lee Daniels Tells DNC That 2016 Is “Most Important Election Of Our Lifetime”, Advocates Gun…
- ‘Narcos’ Creators On Series Post-Escobar: “We Plan On Stopping When Cocaine Stops” – TCA
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Part Of James Cameron’s Global-Warming Video Shown At Dem Convention
- ‘American Horror Story’ Teasers Give Eerie Glimpse Into Season 6
- John Malkovich To Star In ‘Humboldt’ Marijuana Trade Crime Drama Series