EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge