EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest Film News
- Kate Winslet Attaches To Play WWII Correspondent Lee Miller
- Participant Media Taps David Linde To Be CEO
- ‘Z-Men’ Graphic Novel Getting Movie Treatment Via Lionsgate
- MovieTickets Signs Exclusive Deal With RC Theaters
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Has September 2016 Due Date
- Jennifer Lawrence Presses Case On Equal Pay For Actresses