EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'