EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- Rob Lowe, Kristen Bell Joins Pantelion Comedy ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’
- Sony Pushes ‘Patient Zero’ Out Of 2016, Sets New Title For 5th ‘Underworld’ Film
- Jason Bateman Directs Christopher Walken, Nicole Kidman In 'Family Fang' – Specialty Preview
- CAA Signs ‘American Hustle’ Scribe Eric Warren Singer
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Regal Says Recliner Seats Cushioned Higher-Than-Expected Q1 Results