EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Fleming Jr
- UPDATE: Lionsgate Closes Eli Roth-Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Knock Knock’ At $2.5 Million
- ‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance
- Bart & Fleming: January Movie Turds; ‘Fruitvale’s Ryan Coogler Taking ‘Rocky’ Road; Bill Maher Shaming Liberals Over ‘American…
- We Called It: ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M – Sundance…
- ‘Selma’s Ava DuVernay & David Oyelowo Reunite For Hurricane Katrina Pic