EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global