EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner Sues Kylin Pictures For $3.85M Over ‘Shanghai Sojourners’ Breach
- Janet Patterson Dies: Costume Designer & Jane Campion Regular Was Four-Time Oscar Nominee
- Ludacris To Star In Indie BMX Action Drama ‘Ride’
- ‘Moonlight’ Review: Moving Story Of Self-Discovery Should Resonate At Oscar Time
- Colin Firth & Ged Doherty Take Lessons From ‘Filmmaking For Dummies’ To Hatch Two Genuine Oscar Contenders
- AMC Entertainment’s Bid For Carmike Wins Shareholder Advisory Firm’s Support