EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- Matt Damon To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
- SXSW Winner ‘Most Beautiful Island’ Gets Nov. Release From Orion & Samuel Goldwyn
- ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Trailer: “Dad, She Hears Everything You’re Saying”
- Venice Winner ‘Nico, 1988’ Acquired By Magnolia Pictures
- Hulu Acquires ‘Food Evolution,’ Acclaimed, Highly Controversial Doc
- Judi Dench Named Recipient Of Santa Barbara Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award Of Excellence