EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Game, Set Match? Searchlight Serves Up 'Battle Of The Sexes;' Dayton & Faris Direct Emma Stone As Billie Jean King, Steve Carell As Bobby Riggs
Latest Film News
- ‘Zoolander 2′ Casts 2 More, ‘Sophie’ Adds 3, Vega Baby Picks Up ‘Shooting The Warwicks’ – Film…
- Imax CEO Richard Gelfond On Large Format Future: ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’, Rivals, TV Shows & Adult Fare…
- Zack Snyder Tweets Batman Costume
- Ben Affleck Provides His Own Side On ‘Finding Your Roots’ Controversy
- Sherwood Forest Crowding: Warner Bros’ Robin Hood Movie Makes Four
- ‘Bloodshot’ & ‘Harbinger’ Ramp Up In 5-Pic Plan Including Crossover ‘Harbinger Wars’