EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Film News
- BuzzFeed, Hulu Team For R. Kelly Feature Doc On History Of Alleged Abuse
- ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Trailer: First Look At Jacques Audiard’s Dark Comedy Western
- Guy Pearce-Kylie Minogue Comedy ‘Flammable Children’ Sells To UK, France, Italy, Spain, More
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also…