EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Award Nominations: British Plays, American Tuners Split 2015 Noms; 'Fish,' 'Finding Neverland,' 'Zhivago' Blanked
Latest Film News
- Fox Searchlight Nearing Deal For Paolo Sorrentino’s ‘Youth’ – Cannes
- Alison Thompson & Mark Gooder Launch Cornerstone Films In Time For Cannes
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Xavier Dolan Lines Up ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ Next With Loaded Cast
- Evan Handler To Topline CIA-Set Digital Series ‘The Analyst’
- Andrew Lesnie Dies: Oscar-Winning ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Cinematographer Was 59