EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Isabelle Huppert & Michael Haneke On Their ‘Happy End’ – Cannes Studio
- Deadheads High On 'Long Strange Trip'; Teresa Palmer Stars in 'Berlin Syndrome' – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Oscilloscope Lights Fuse On Fireforks Docu ‘Brimstone & Glory’ — Cannes
- ‘Baywatch’ Catches Estimated $4.5M Surf, ‘Pirates’ Previews To Come — Box Office Friday AM
- Cohen Media Closing In On Michel Hazanavicius’ Godard Film ‘Redoubtable:’ Cannes
- Manchester Attack Updates: Netflix Cancels London Screenings; Liam Gallagher To Donate Profits From Upcoming Gig To Victims