EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Raw’ Director Reminds That Cannibals Are People: “We Label Them As Inhuman” – Sundance Studio
- AMC Theaters CEO Says He’s Focusing On Operations, But More Deals Are Possible
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $40M; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Monday Final
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds…
- Netflix’s ‘Come Sunday’ Adds Stacey Sargeant; Joseph Ferrante Cast In ‘LAbyrinth’
- Peter Bart: Oscar Nominations Aren’t Emotional Roller Coasters Of Past Years