EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- Movie Theaters Sold $758.3M In Ads Last Year Driven By National/Regional Growth
- Universal CinemaCon Session Starts With ‘Despicable Me 3’ Sit-Down Between Chris Meledandri & Steve Carell…
- No. 6 ‘The Jungle Book’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- 'It' Teaser Trailer: Pennywise Creeps Back Into Our Lives
- SXSW Winner ‘Dealt’ Ends Up In Sundance Selects’ Hand
- ‘The Journey’ Trailer: Timothy Spall & Colm Meaney Forge Unlikely Friendship In Political Road Pic