EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Execs Katie Goodson-Thomas, Taylor Friedman
- Will Forte & Claudia O’Doherty Join Cast Of Irish Comedy ‘Extra Ordinary’
- NBCU Chief Steve Burke On NBC And Universal Pictures: “We Have The Cards”
- BFI Responds To Labour’s Damning Diversity Verdict And Call For Inclusion Riders With Film & TV Tax Relief
- Former Zodiak UK CEO Rod Henwood Joins ‘The Night Manager’ Producer The Ink Factory
- ‘Puzzle’ To Open Edinburgh Fest; Chen Kaige To Chair Macau Jury – Global Briefs