EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has attached Martin Campbell to direct and J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling) to write The Dive, the true, tragic love story of freediver Francisco “Pipin” Ferraras and his wife Audrey Mestre. The pic was originally a James Cameron-directing vehicle and he and his Lightstorm team of Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini are producing with Barry Josephson. Pic tells the story of two pre-eminent free-divers who, with but a breath of air in their lungs, plunged to unimaginable depths before swimming back to the surface. Mestre died during an attempt to better her world record to 557.7 feet. From a submersible, Cameron filmed Ferraras as he did a tribute dive in memory of his late wife, plunging to the depth that cost her life.
Martin Campbell Takes On James Cameron Passion Project 'The Dive'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Raises To $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Sat. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest Film News
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Rules With $26M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Raises To $20M; ‘Masterminds’ Dumbs Down…
- Funk Legend George Clinton Joins Flying Lotus’ ‘Kuso’; Thomas Q. Jones Locked In ‘Choke Hold’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton’s…
- Sarah Carter Scores High In ‘Business Ethics’ As Comedy Rounds Out Cast
- Orion Pictures And Gunpowder & Sky Nab Robert Schwartzman Pic ‘Dreamland’
- New Regency Production President Pam Abdy Exiting