The move had been expected for some time with the board of directors of the Cinema per Roma Foundation confirming its decision this morning. The respected Müller was previously artistic director of the Venice Film Festival where he ran the show for 8 years. “I am really satisfied with this election of Marco Müller as artistic director of the International Rome Film Festival,” said festival president Paolo Ferrari. “I am sure that he is an extraordinary professional estimated both in Italy and abroad.” Müller added, “I could not be happier to be back in my city, Rome, after 22 years. I’m proud to work on an exciting project, to develop a festival that wants to respond to different needs: filmmakers, exhibitors, and audience.” The relative upstart Rome fest will run its 7th edition next fall.
Marco Müller Officially Named Artistic Director Of International Rome Film Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims