The move had been expected for some time with the board of directors of the Cinema per Roma Foundation confirming its decision this morning. The respected Müller was previously artistic director of the Venice Film Festival where he ran the show for 8 years. “I am really satisfied with this election of Marco Müller as artistic director of the International Rome Film Festival,” said festival president Paolo Ferrari. “I am sure that he is an extraordinary professional estimated both in Italy and abroad.” Müller added, “I could not be happier to be back in my city, Rome, after 22 years. I’m proud to work on an exciting project, to develop a festival that wants to respond to different needs: filmmakers, exhibitors, and audience.” The relative upstart Rome fest will run its 7th edition next fall.
Marco Müller Officially Named Artistic Director Of International Rome Film Fest
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- “Confirmed Fatalities” After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In England
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- ‘Beauty And The Dogs’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Cannes