EXCLUSIVE: Mandalay Vision has set Julian Jarrold to helm Exit 147, an indie thriller scripted by Travis Milloy. Cathy Schulman and Matthew Rhodes are producing for Mandalay Vision with Lenny Beckerman. Mandalay Vision is independently financing the film for a summer start. In the thriller, a young father driving cross country to see his daughter is stopped by a sheriff at Exit 147, and it turns into a psychological game of cat and mouse with deadly consequences. Jarrold directed Red Riding 1974, one leg of that film trilogy and also Kinky Boots, Becoming Jane and Brideshead Revisited. He’s repped by WME and Independent Talent Group. Milloy scripted the 2009 film Pandorum. Mandalay Vision, which made The Kids Are All Right, Soul Surfer, Salvation Boulevard and Another Happy Day, is ramping up again under Schulman and Rhodes and will be generating several films this year. The Jack Black-Matthew McConaughey-starrer Bernie will be released this spring.
Mandalay Vision Sets Julian Jarrold To Helm 'Exit 147'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Robert De Niro Lets Loose On Bernie Madoff, How Netflix Is A Savior & Why The Emmys Should Dump On Trump
Latest Film News
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Review: A Star Is Born In Hip-Hop Charmer
- Screen Gems Lands Bodycam Cop Thriller Spec
- 1inMM Prods. Raises $5M In Funds For Genre Films
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’s Ken Marino To Next Helm ‘Dog Days’ For LD Entertainment
- Adam Bergerman Upped To Exec Veep, General Sales Mgr At Sony
- For Hollywood’s Film Academy, Time To Let The Thalberg Award Shine