EXCLUSIVE: A week after her mom won her third Oscar, Mamie Gummer has landed her first pilot starring role. Gummer, daughter of acting great Meryl Streep, has been cast as the lead in the CW’s Jennie Snyder Urman medical drama pilot aka First Cut. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Emily (Gummer), a newly minted doctor who, glad to leave her nerdy past behind for a fresh start in the adult professional world, discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Gilmore Girls alumna Urman wrote the script and is executive producing with Dan Jinks. Bharat Nalluri is directing. Gummer’s previous series regular role was also on a medical drama, ABC’s Off The Map. She has recently recurred on CBS’ The Good Wife. At the CW, Gummer joins two other offspring of movie icons, Gregory Peck’s grandson Ethan Peck, who co-stars in the pilot The Selection, and Steve McQueen’s grandson Steven R. McQueen, who co-stars on hit series The Vampire Diaries.
Mamie Gummer Lands The Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $25M-$26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Murky; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Late Night B.O. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season
- ‘Legends Of Chamberlain Heights’ Duo Josiah Johnson & Quinn Hawking Sign With UTA
- ‘Mail Order Family’ Comedy Not Going Forward At NBC After Objections
- ABC Head Of PR Hope Hartman Departs To Do Docus, Starting with ‘The Judy Effect’
- NBC Buys ‘A Year To Remember’ Drama From Telefe USA & Kapital Entertainment