EXCLUSIVE: A week after her mom won her third Oscar, Mamie Gummer has landed her first pilot starring role. Gummer, daughter of acting great Meryl Streep, has been cast as the lead in the CW’s Jennie Snyder Urman medical drama pilot aka First Cut. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Emily (Gummer), a newly minted doctor who, glad to leave her nerdy past behind for a fresh start in the adult professional world, discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Gilmore Girls alumna Urman wrote the script and is executive producing with Dan Jinks. Bharat Nalluri is directing. Gummer’s previous series regular role was also on a medical drama, ABC’s Off The Map. She has recently recurred on CBS’ The Good Wife. At the CW, Gummer joins two other offspring of movie icons, Gregory Peck’s grandson Ethan Peck, who co-stars in the pilot The Selection, and Steve McQueen’s grandson Steven R. McQueen, who co-stars on hit series The Vampire Diaries.
Mamie Gummer Lands The Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Cancels TCA Panel For Stuntman’s Funeral
- ‘Tales From The Crypt’: Turner Entertainment Boss On Reboot Rights Wrangling
- Turner’s Kevin Reilly Foresees More Media Consolidation & Fewer TV Channels – TCA
- How Marvel’s Hulu Series ‘Runaways’ Is A Response To Trump America – TCA
- Anthony Scaramucci Threatens To Fire Entire White House Comms Staff In Wild New Yorker Interview