EXCLUSIVE: A week after her mom won her third Oscar, Mamie Gummer has landed her first pilot starring role. Gummer, daughter of acting great Meryl Streep, has been cast as the lead in the CW’s Jennie Snyder Urman medical drama pilot aka First Cut. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Emily (Gummer), a newly minted doctor who, glad to leave her nerdy past behind for a fresh start in the adult professional world, discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Gilmore Girls alumna Urman wrote the script and is executive producing with Dan Jinks. Bharat Nalluri is directing. Gummer’s previous series regular role was also on a medical drama, ABC’s Off The Map. She has recently recurred on CBS’ The Good Wife. At the CW, Gummer joins two other offspring of movie icons, Gregory Peck’s grandson Ethan Peck, who co-stars in the pilot The Selection, and Steve McQueen’s grandson Steven R. McQueen, who co-stars on hit series The Vampire Diaries.
Mamie Gummer Lands The Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robinson’ & ‘The Carmichael Show’ To Debut In August, NBC Sets ‘Welcome to Sweden’ Return, Other…
- James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’ Night 3: 1.35 Million Viewers – Update
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Review: Damian Lewis Rules As Henry VIII In PBS Drama
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- William Petersen Joins WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’ For TV Return
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It