BREAKING… EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that Lionsgate is laying off about 80 staff today from the merged company with Summit, including executives as high up as EVP. Insiders are begging me not to call this a bloodbath because enough people are freaked out already. The integration of Lionsgate and Summit is ongoing, and this move was expected to eliminate duplication. But it’s still horrible when it happens. Lionsgate is reducing the combined workforce of the two companies by approximately 12%. It’s unclear how many employees are actually being notified today. Lionsgate had about 500 employees prior to the merger, Summit about 175 employees. The total combined workforce will be approximately 575 which makes Lionsgate a bigger and more muscular company post-merger. I don’t have any breakdown of how many Lionsgate and how any Summit employees will be laid off, but I’m told motion picture and home entertainment are the areas with the greatest number of overlapping functions.
Lionsgate-Summit Laying Off 12% Of Staff: Film And Home Entertainment Hit Hardest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International Box…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’ – Full…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To The…