Another day, another record closing stock price for Lionsgate. Investors are licking their chops over the expected blockbuster ticket sales for The Hunger Games, which opens Friday. That propelled company shares +7.2% today to $15.28. It also followed a 7.8% jump on Monday. Indeed, Lionsgate’s up 26.9% over the 30 days — and 83.7% just in 2012. The company now trades at an astronomical 63.9 times its expected earnings per share, according to Yahoo Finance. To put that into perspective, CBS, Comcast, Disney, News Corp and Time Warner trade in a range of about 10-to-14 times earnings. Lionsgate bulls are still charging, though. This morning Miller Tabak & Co analyst David Joyce raised his target price for the stock to $17 from $14 “due to continued positive sentiment” toward Hunger Games, which he says could generate $300M at box offices. But even he seems to have had enough. “We are not making further estimate adjustments at this time,” he says.
Lionsgate Shares Continue To Roar Ahead of 'Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest Film News
- AMC Theatres Blinks: Raises Carmike Offer Ahead Of Shareholder Vote
- Chinese Authorities Crackdown On Online News Reporting
- Canada’s Arcana Studios & China’s Yisang Media Team For Toon Feature ‘Pandy’ – Comic-Con
- Kentucky Moviegoer Arrested For Pulling Gun After Kid Kicked His Seat
- Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney’s Golden Oak Ranch “OK”, LAFD Says…
- Mike Birbiglia's 'Don't Think Twice' Tops $90K In Exclusive Run; 'Hillary's America' Grabs $3.7M: Specialty Box Office