Another day, another record closing stock price for Lionsgate. Investors are licking their chops over the expected blockbuster ticket sales for The Hunger Games, which opens Friday. That propelled company shares +7.2% today to $15.28. It also followed a 7.8% jump on Monday. Indeed, Lionsgate’s up 26.9% over the 30 days — and 83.7% just in 2012. The company now trades at an astronomical 63.9 times its expected earnings per share, according to Yahoo Finance. To put that into perspective, CBS, Comcast, Disney, News Corp and Time Warner trade in a range of about 10-to-14 times earnings. Lionsgate bulls are still charging, though. This morning Miller Tabak & Co analyst David Joyce raised his target price for the stock to $17 from $14 “due to continued positive sentiment” toward Hunger Games, which he says could generate $300M at box offices. But even he seems to have had enough. “We are not making further estimate adjustments at this time,” he says.
Lionsgate Shares Continue To Roar Ahead of 'Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Latest Film News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched