My colleague Mike Fleming yesterday broke the news of the long-gestating 24 movie being put on hold over scheduling, budgetary and other financial issues. (Star Kiefer Sutherland has a short window between the time he wraps production on the first season of his new Fox series Touch and the time he has to be available for Season 2 should the show be renewed.) On NBC’s The Tonight Show With Jay Leno tonight to promote Touch, Sutherland addressed the delay, noting that he and the movie’s producers are still hoping to mount production this year. “We’re trying to fit a lot of moving parts…We’re still trying,” he said. “If we don’t get into this slot, we’ll do it next year.” Here is the video:
Kiefer Sutherland On Getting '24' Movie Made: “We're Still Trying”
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate