EXCLUSIVE: Veteran actor and SAG President Ken Howard has landed one of the last regular roles this pilot season — he is set to co-star in the ABC comedy Counter Culture. The multi-camera pilot, written and executive produced by Stephnie Weir, executive produced by Claudia Lonow and produced by Sony TV, revolves around three sisters, Joyce (Margo Martindale), Nonie (Burke) and Billie (Kerri Kenney, running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Howard, repped by Greene & Associates and manager Randy James, will play Joyce’s working-class husband Ken who is the caretaker of the diner. Ironically, Counter Culture is produced under AFTRA jurisdiction. However, as SAG president, Howard has been leading the charge for merging the two actor unions. Howard, who has been recurring on 30 Rock, is currently filming Acod opposite Catherine O’Hara is also in negotiations to join Better Living Through Chemistry.
Ken Howard Joins ABC's 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- ‘Party Of Five’ Reboot With Immigration Twist Set At Freeform As Put Pilot
- Freeform Developing Futuristic Drama ‘Augs’ From ‘Dark Skies’ Scott Stewart & Anonymous Content
- ‘Cleopatra’ TV Series From Michael Seitzman, Christina Davis & Lorenzo di Bonaventura Ramps Up At Freeform
- Publicist Awards Nominations: Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr Back In The Race
- Samantha Bee Pummels #MeToo Backlash And Aziz Ansari “Feminism”
- New $10M ‘Walking Dead’ Suit As Frank Darabont & CAA Whack AMC Over Redacted Robert Kirkman Revelations