EXCLUSIVE: Veteran actor and SAG President Ken Howard has landed one of the last regular roles this pilot season — he is set to co-star in the ABC comedy Counter Culture. The multi-camera pilot, written and executive produced by Stephnie Weir, executive produced by Claudia Lonow and produced by Sony TV, revolves around three sisters, Joyce (Margo Martindale), Nonie (Burke) and Billie (Kerri Kenney, running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Howard, repped by Greene & Associates and manager Randy James, will play Joyce’s working-class husband Ken who is the caretaker of the diner. Ironically, Counter Culture is produced under AFTRA jurisdiction. However, as SAG president, Howard has been leading the charge for merging the two actor unions. Howard, who has been recurring on 30 Rock, is currently filming Acod opposite Catherine O’Hara is also in negotiations to join Better Living Through Chemistry.
Ken Howard Joins ABC's 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest TV News
- ‘Chernobyl’ Miniseries Starring ‘The Crown’s Jared Harris Set By HBO & Sky – TCA
- ‘Cops Beyond The Bust’: Spike Sets Special To Mark 1,000th Episode Of ‘Cops’
- 'True Detective' Close To Season 3 Green Light, Mahershala Ali Confirmed To Star
- ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update: “Script Terrific” Says HBO Programming Boss; Budget, Cast & Director Being Figured Out…
- Jon Stewart To Headline HBO Stand-Up Comedy Special – TCA
- Regal CEO: Hollywood Studios Remain Divided On How Premium VOD Could Work