EXCLUSIVE: Veteran actor and SAG President Ken Howard has landed one of the last regular roles this pilot season — he is set to co-star in the ABC comedy Counter Culture. The multi-camera pilot, written and executive produced by Stephnie Weir, executive produced by Claudia Lonow and produced by Sony TV, revolves around three sisters, Joyce (Margo Martindale), Nonie (Burke) and Billie (Kerri Kenney, running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Howard, repped by Greene & Associates and manager Randy James, will play Joyce’s working-class husband Ken who is the caretaker of the diner. Ironically, Counter Culture is produced under AFTRA jurisdiction. However, as SAG president, Howard has been leading the charge for merging the two actor unions. Howard, who has been recurring on 30 Rock, is currently filming Acod opposite Catherine O’Hara is also in negotiations to join Better Living Through Chemistry.
Ken Howard Joins ABC's 'Counter Culture'
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 80+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Freeform Sets Cast For Christmas Movie ‘Angry Angel’ As Production Begins
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Back On Launchpad At Amazon With Paul Scheer Writing
- Conan O’Brien Offers To Help Jared Kushner Broker Middle East Solution, Announces Israel Road Trip
- ‘Shades Of Blue’: Bruce McGill Set To Recur In Season 3 Of NBC Cop Drama