Six years after she left morning television, Katie Couric is back — for a week. The former Today host will fill in for a vacationing Robin Roberts on ABC’s Good Morning America next week. “Katie Couric is going to be sitting in this chair next to George Stephanopoulos,” Roberts said on the air this morning. “We’re thrilled to have Katie.” Couric’s ABC deal for a new syndicated daytime show includes ABC News duties. Couric joins GMA when the morning show is on the rise, posting ratings increases and closing the gap with leader Today. For the most recent week with available data, GMA averaged 4.73 million total viewers and a 1.9/12 among adults 25-54 to Today‘s 4.99 million and 1.8/14. “Serious pressure filling in for the fab @RobinRoberts !” Couric tweeted. “Rise + shine! Excited to be back on morning TV next wk, guest hosting @GMA w/ @GStephanopoulos.”
Katie Couric To Host 'Good Morning America' For A Week
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup