Six years after she left morning television, Katie Couric is back — for a week. The former Today host will fill in for a vacationing Robin Roberts on ABC’s Good Morning America next week. “Katie Couric is going to be sitting in this chair next to George Stephanopoulos,” Roberts said on the air this morning. “We’re thrilled to have Katie.” Couric’s ABC deal for a new syndicated daytime show includes ABC News duties. Couric joins GMA when the morning show is on the rise, posting ratings increases and closing the gap with leader Today. For the most recent week with available data, GMA averaged 4.73 million total viewers and a 1.9/12 among adults 25-54 to Today‘s 4.99 million and 1.8/14. “Serious pressure filling in for the fab @RobinRoberts !” Couric tweeted. “Rise + shine! Excited to be back on morning TV next wk, guest hosting @GMA w/ @GStephanopoulos.”
Katie Couric To Host 'Good Morning America' For A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'