Kathy Bates already took over a role written for a man once when she was cast as the lead on David E. Kelley’s NBC dramedy Harry’s Law. Now she will portray the ghost of a man on another series. The Oscar winner is set to guest star on the CBS comedy Two And A Half Men, playing the ghost of former star Charlie Sheen’s character Charlie Harper. In an episode slated to air April 30, Alan (Jon Cryer) suffers a minor heart attack, and the ghost of his brother Charlie (Bates) will pay a visit to his hospital bedside. I think it is safe to assume that Sheen was not in the running for the part. Both Harry’s Law and 2.5 Men are produced by Warner Bros. TV.
Kathy Bates To Play The Ghost Of Charlie Harper On CBS' 'Two And A Half Men'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over