Kathy Bates already took over a role written for a man once when she was cast as the lead on David E. Kelley’s NBC dramedy Harry’s Law. Now she will portray the ghost of a man on another series. The Oscar winner is set to guest star on the CBS comedy Two And A Half Men, playing the ghost of former star Charlie Sheen’s character Charlie Harper. In an episode slated to air April 30, Alan (Jon Cryer) suffers a minor heart attack, and the ghost of his brother Charlie (Bates) will pay a visit to his hospital bedside. I think it is safe to assume that Sheen was not in the running for the part. Both Harry’s Law and 2.5 Men are produced by Warner Bros. TV.
Kathy Bates To Play The Ghost Of Charlie Harper On CBS' 'Two And A Half Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest TV News
- DGA Investigating Threats Against Members Working On Trump Inauguration
- ‘Tangled’: Julie Bowen Joins New Disney Channel Animated Series In Recasting
- At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises “We Will Turn It Around”; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
- Berlanti TV FBI Drama ‘Deception’, Sci-Fi ‘The Crossing’ Picked Up To Pilot By ABC
- ‘Brown Girls’: Andrew Lees, Omar Maskati & Natalie Dreyfuss Join Freeform Comedy Pilot
- ‘UnReal’: Caitlin FitzGerald Joins Lifetime Series As Everlasting’s “Suitress”