The controversial thriller Girls Against Boys opened the Midnighters section of SXSW on Friday. It stars Nicole LaLiberte and Danielle Panabaker as two bartenders who go on a killing spree to take revenge against men who abused them. Written and directed by XX/XY’s Austin Chick, the film is produced by Aimee Shieh and Clay Floren. Ben Weiss at Paradigm is handling US sales. The film joins other titles on K5’s upcoming Cannes slate including Vehicle 19 with Paul Walker; Bille August’s Night Train To Lisbon and Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen starrer Very Good Girls.
K5 Takes International Sales On Revenge Pic 'Girls Against Boys': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2