The controversial thriller Girls Against Boys opened the Midnighters section of SXSW on Friday. It stars Nicole LaLiberte and Danielle Panabaker as two bartenders who go on a killing spree to take revenge against men who abused them. Written and directed by XX/XY’s Austin Chick, the film is produced by Aimee Shieh and Clay Floren. Ben Weiss at Paradigm is handling US sales. The film joins other titles on K5’s upcoming Cannes slate including Vehicle 19 with Paul Walker; Bille August’s Night Train To Lisbon and Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen starrer Very Good Girls.
K5 Takes International Sales On Revenge Pic 'Girls Against Boys': SXSW
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More
- UPDATE: FT Vet Rona Fairhead Named First Woman Chair Of BBC Trust
- 'Doctor Who' Down 1.59M UK Viewers In Sophomore Outing
- Simon Cowell's Return To 'X Factor UK' Scores Best Launch Since 2011 With 9.5M Viewers
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'