The controversial thriller Girls Against Boys opened the Midnighters section of SXSW on Friday. It stars Nicole LaLiberte and Danielle Panabaker as two bartenders who go on a killing spree to take revenge against men who abused them. Written and directed by XX/XY’s Austin Chick, the film is produced by Aimee Shieh and Clay Floren. Ben Weiss at Paradigm is handling US sales. The film joins other titles on K5’s upcoming Cannes slate including Vehicle 19 with Paul Walker; Bille August’s Night Train To Lisbon and Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen starrer Very Good Girls.
K5 Takes International Sales On Revenge Pic 'Girls Against Boys': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest